workshop + BoD

12

workshop + BoD

bltzr
Hi there !

>From Trond's comment on http://redmine.jamoma.org/issues/1188 :

> We should be able to have a workshop sometime in 2013 (BEK has funding towrds this).
I think Théo also mentioned a workshop in Albi in 2013, I think during the spring
Both are fine, though - I'm missing a little Jamoma/gastronomy tourism ;-)

> Let's make sure this gets on the list of topics to discuss.
I've created a new page and added  this to it :
http://redmine.jamoma.org/projects/modular/wiki/Next_Jamoma_06_workshop_somewhere

> Also we should try to have a Jamoma BOD at some point in the not to distant future.
here we go ! http://doodle.com/pizqx953xw3py272
I also created a google doc agenda

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://zkrx.org
http://www.baltazars.org

Re: workshop + BoD

Théo de la Hogue
Hi all,
sorry for being so silent the last month. My computer was down and I was not able to do anything concerning Jamoma development. But this time is over and I'm now able to build Jamoma on a MacOSX 10.8 (notice the only trouble I encounter was due to gcc47 but julien gave me the missing files and it works fine now... certainly something to discuss at the next BoD).

And concerning the next BoD, the workshop topic can be discussed concretely because the GMEA is now ready to propose a workshop during the next spring (we will propose you some dates). From our point of view the most important topic is the Modular 0.6 version and AudioGraph we are currently using in pre-production. It could also be an occasion to give you an overview of the OSSIA project.

I saw that the doodle about the BoD did not have so many success.
Is it possible to set it up in order to choose the dates of the workshop soon as possible ?

best

Le 10 nov. 2012 à 16:48, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi there !
>
>> From Trond's comment on http://redmine.jamoma.org/issues/1188 :
>
>> We should be able to have a workshop sometime in 2013 (BEK has funding towrds this).
> I think Théo also mentioned a workshop in Albi in 2013, I think during the spring
> Both are fine, though - I'm missing a little Jamoma/gastronomy tourism ;-)
>
>> Let's make sure this gets on the list of topics to discuss.
> I've created a new page and added  this to it :
> http://redmine.jamoma.org/projects/modular/wiki/Next_Jamoma_06_workshop_somewhere
>>
>> Also we should try to have a Jamoma BOD at some point in the not to distant future.
> here we go ! http://doodle.com/pizqx953xw3py272
> I also created a google doc agenda
>
> Best,

> Pascal Baltazar
> [hidden email]
> http://zkrx.org
> http://www.baltazars.org

Re: workshop + BoD

Nathan Wolek-2
On Nov 13, 2012, at 12:50 PM, Théo de la Hogue <[hidden email]> wrote:
I saw that the doodle about the BoD did not have so many success.
Is it possible to set it up in order to choose the dates of the workshop soon as possible ?

Just added my availability.  I assume those times are Central Europe, right?

We should be able to have a workshop sometime in 2013 (BEK has funding towrds this).
I think Théo also mentioned a workshop in Albi in 2013, I think during the spring
Both are fine, though - I'm missing a little Jamoma/gastronomy tourism ;-)

I would like to throw Florida into the mix, but not until 2014.  When I get back in January, I can start working on funding applications.

Theo: How far are you from Mont Blanc? We may be visiting family in that area before I head back to the US. Is it close enough to make a day trip to Albi?

--Nathan

jln

Re: workshop + BoD

jln

Le 13 nov. 2012 à 14:20, Nathan Wolek a écrit :

Just added my availability.  I assume those times are Central Europe, right?

Yes.

We should be able to have a workshop sometime in 2013 (BEK has funding towrds this).
I think Théo also mentioned a workshop in Albi in 2013, I think during the spring
Both are fine, though - I'm missing a little Jamoma/gastronomy tourism ;-)

I would like to throw Florida into the mix, but not until 2014.  When I get back in January, I can start working on funding applications.

Wow ! Florida sounds good ! :-)

Theo: How far are you from Mont Blanc? We may be visiting family in that area before I head back to the US. Is it close enough to make a day trip to Albi?

Albi-Mont Blanc should be a 7-8 hours drive trip, so not quite close...

Best,
Julien

--Nathan

Re: workshop + BoD

Timothy Place-2
Hi Théo!  We've been missing you!  :-)

It is good to hear you are on 10.8 now.  I believe Nils is also.  So, do we have any developers left on 10.6?  If not then we may be able to simplify things with regards to compiling.

best,
  Tim

On Nov 13, 2012, at 5:50 AM, Théo de la Hogue <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> sorry for being so silent the last month. My computer was down and I was not able to do anything concerning Jamoma development. But this time is over and I'm now able to build Jamoma on a MacOSX 10.8 (notice the only trouble I encounter was due to gcc47 but julien gave me the missing files and it works fine now... certainly something to discuss at the next BoD).
>
> And concerning the next BoD, the workshop topic can be discussed concretely because the GMEA is now ready to propose a workshop during the next spring (we will propose you some dates). From our point of view the most important topic is the Modular 0.6 version and AudioGraph we are currently using in pre-production. It could also be an occasion to give you an overview of the OSSIA project.
>
> I saw that the doodle about the BoD did not have so many success.
> Is it possible to set it up in order to choose the dates of the workshop soon as possible ?
>
> best
>
> Le 10 nov. 2012 à 16:48, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Hi there !
>>
>>> From Trond's comment on http://redmine.jamoma.org/issues/1188 :
>>
>>> We should be able to have a workshop sometime in 2013 (BEK has funding towrds this).
>> I think Théo also mentioned a workshop in Albi in 2013, I think during the spring
>> Both are fine, though - I'm missing a little Jamoma/gastronomy tourism ;-)
>>
>>> Let's make sure this gets on the list of topics to discuss.
>> I've created a new page and added  this to it :
>> http://redmine.jamoma.org/projects/modular/wiki/Next_Jamoma_06_workshop_somewhere
>>>
>>> Also we should try to have a Jamoma BOD at some point in the not to distant future.
>> here we go ! http://doodle.com/pizqx953xw3py272
>> I also created a google doc agenda
>>
>> Best,

>> Pascal Baltazar
>> [hidden email]
>> http://zkrx.org
>> http://www.baltazars.org

Re: workshop + BoD

bltzr

Le 13 nov. 2012 à 17:38, Timothy Place a écrit :

> Hi Théo!  We've been missing you!  :-)
>
> It is good to hear you are on 10.8 now.  I believe Nils is also.  So, do we have any developers left on 10.6?
Yes, me !

(and I'm planning to stay there for a while... sorry...)

best,

>  If not then we may be able to simplify things with regards to compiling.
>
> best,
>  Tim
>
> On Nov 13, 2012, at 5:50 AM, Théo de la Hogue <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> sorry for being so silent the last month. My computer was down and I was not able to do anything concerning Jamoma development. But this time is over and I'm now able to build Jamoma on a MacOSX 10.8 (notice the only trouble I encounter was due to gcc47 but julien gave me the missing files and it works fine now... certainly something to discuss at the next BoD).
>>
>> And concerning the next BoD, the workshop topic can be discussed concretely because the GMEA is now ready to propose a workshop during the next spring (we will propose you some dates). From our point of view the most important topic is the Modular 0.6 version and AudioGraph we are currently using in pre-production. It could also be an occasion to give you an overview of the OSSIA project.
>>
>> I saw that the doodle about the BoD did not have so many success.
>> Is it possible to set it up in order to choose the dates of the workshop soon as possible ?
>>
>> best
>>
>> Le 10 nov. 2012 à 16:48, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi there !

>>> I think Théo also mentioned a workshop in Albi in 2013, I think during the spring
>>> Both are fine, though - I'm missing a little Jamoma/gastronomy tourism ;-)

>>> I've created a new page and added  this to it :
>>> http://redmine.jamoma.org/projects/modular/wiki/Next_Jamoma_06_workshop_somewhere

>>> here we go ! http://doodle.com/pizqx953xw3py272
>>> I also created a google doc agenda
>>>
>>> Best,

>>> Pascal Baltazar
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://zkrx.org
>>> http://www.baltazars.org

Re: workshop + BoD

Nathan Wolek-2
Theo: How far are you from Mont Blanc? We may be visiting family in that area before I head back to the US. Is it close enough to make a day trip to Albi?

Albi-Mont Blanc should be a 7-8 hours drive trip, so not quite close...

Doesn't sound feasible as day trip then. That's too bad.
--NW

Re: workshop + BoD

I've added my available dates and times to the poll now.

Cheers,
Trond

On Nov 10, 2012, at 7:48 AM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there !
>
>> From Trond's comment on http://redmine.jamoma.org/issues/1188 :
>
>> We should be able to have a workshop sometime in 2013 (BEK has funding towrds this).
> I think Théo also mentioned a workshop in Albi in 2013, I think during the spring
> Both are fine, though - I'm missing a little Jamoma/gastronomy tourism ;-)
>
>> Let's make sure this gets on the list of topics to discuss.
> I've created a new page and added  this to it :
> http://redmine.jamoma.org/projects/modular/wiki/Next_Jamoma_06_workshop_somewhere
>>
>> Also we should try to have a Jamoma BOD at some point in the not to distant future.
> here we go ! http://doodle.com/pizqx953xw3py272
> I also created a google doc agenda
>
> Best,

> Pascal Baltazar
> [hidden email]
> http://zkrx.org
> http://www.baltazars.org

Re: workshop + BoD

bltzr
so, let's go for december 12th, 5PM European Time ?

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://zkrx.org
http://www.baltazars.org

Le 15 nov. 2012 à 16:50, Trond Lossius a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I've added my available dates and times to the poll now.
>
> Cheers,
> Trond
>
> On Nov 10, 2012, at 7:48 AM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi there !
>>
>>> From Trond's comment on http://redmine.jamoma.org/issues/1188 :
>>
>>> We should be able to have a workshop sometime in 2013 (BEK has funding towrds this).
>> I think Théo also mentioned a workshop in Albi in 2013, I think during the spring
>> Both are fine, though - I'm missing a little Jamoma/gastronomy tourism ;-)
>>
>>> Let's make sure this gets on the list of topics to discuss.
>> I've created a new page and added  this to it :
>> http://redmine.jamoma.org/projects/modular/wiki/Next_Jamoma_06_workshop_somewhere
>>>
>>> Also we should try to have a Jamoma BOD at some point in the not to distant future.
>> here we go ! http://doodle.com/pizqx953xw3py272
>> I also created a google doc agenda
>>
>> Best,

>> Pascal Baltazar
>> [hidden email]
>> http://zkrx.org
>> http://www.baltazars.org

Re: workshop + BoD

adrian.g
Administrator
I've also added mine

best

adrian

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 6:11 PM, bltzr [via Jamoma Forums/Mailing lists] <[hidden email]> wrote:
so, let's go for december 12th, 5PM European Time ?
Le 15 nov. 2012 à 16:50, Trond Lossius a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I've added my available dates and times to the poll now.
>
> Cheers,
> Trond
>
> On Nov 10, 2012, at 7:48 AM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi there !
>>
>>> From Trond's comment on http://redmine.jamoma.org/issues/1188 :
>>
>>> We should be able to have a workshop sometime in 2013 (BEK has funding towrds this).
>> I think Théo also mentioned a workshop in Albi in 2013, I think during the spring
>> Both are fine, though - I'm missing a little Jamoma/gastronomy tourism ;-)
>>
>>> Let's make sure this gets on the list of topics to discuss.
>> I've created a new page and added  this to it :
>> http://redmine.jamoma.org/projects/modular/wiki/Next_Jamoma_06_workshop_somewhere
>>>

>>> Also we should try to have a Jamoma BOD at some point in the not to distant future.
>> here we go ! http://doodle.com/pizqx953xw3py272
>> I also created a google doc agenda
>>
>> Best,

>> Pascal Baltazar
>> [hidden email]
>> http://zkrx.org
>> http://www.baltazars.org

To start a new topic under Jamoma Development, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Jamoma Development, click here.
NAML

Adrian Gierakowski
jln

Re: workshop + BoD

jln
Oops, this went out of my radar. december 12th is fine with me !

Best,
Julien

Le 15 nov. 2012 à 18:10, Pascal Baltazar a écrit :

> so, let's go for december 12th, 5PM European Time ?
>
> Pascal Baltazar
> [hidden email]
> http://zkrx.org
> http://www.baltazars.org
>
> Le 15 nov. 2012 à 16:50, Trond Lossius a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've added my available dates and times to the poll now.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Trond
>>
>> On Nov 10, 2012, at 7:48 AM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi there !

>>> I think Théo also mentioned a workshop in Albi in 2013, I think during the spring
>>> Both are fine, though - I'm missing a little Jamoma/gastronomy tourism ;-)

>>> I've created a new page and added  this to it :
>>> http://redmine.jamoma.org/projects/modular/wiki/Next_Jamoma_06_workshop_somewhere

>>> here we go ! http://doodle.com/pizqx953xw3py272
>>> I also created a google doc agenda
>>>
>>> Best,

>>> Pascal Baltazar
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://zkrx.org
>>> http://www.baltazars.org

jln

Re: workshop + BoD

jln
I am still under 10.6 for a couple more month for sure.

Best,
Julien

Le 13 nov. 2012 à 17:38, Timothy Place a écrit :

> Hi Théo!  We've been missing you!  :-)
>
> It is good to hear you are on 10.8 now.  I believe Nils is also.  So, do we have any developers left on 10.6?  If not then we may be able to simplify things with regards to compiling.
>
> best,
>  Tim
>
> On Nov 13, 2012, at 5:50 AM, Théo de la Hogue <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> sorry for being so silent the last month. My computer was down and I was not able to do anything concerning Jamoma development. But this time is over and I'm now able to build Jamoma on a MacOSX 10.8 (notice the only trouble I encounter was due to gcc47 but julien gave me the missing files and it works fine now... certainly something to discuss at the next BoD).
>>
>> And concerning the next BoD, the workshop topic can be discussed concretely because the GMEA is now ready to propose a workshop during the next spring (we will propose you some dates). From our point of view the most important topic is the Modular 0.6 version and AudioGraph we are currently using in pre-production. It could also be an occasion to give you an overview of the OSSIA project.
>>
>> I saw that the doodle about the BoD did not have so many success.
>> Is it possible to set it up in order to choose the dates of the workshop soon as possible ?
>>
>> best
>>
>> Le 10 nov. 2012 à 16:48, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi there !

>>> I think Théo also mentioned a workshop in Albi in 2013, I think during the spring
>>> Both are fine, though - I'm missing a little Jamoma/gastronomy tourism ;-)

>>> I've created a new page and added  this to it :
>>> http://redmine.jamoma.org/projects/modular/wiki/Next_Jamoma_06_workshop_somewhere

>>> here we go ! http://doodle.com/pizqx953xw3py272
>>> I also created a google doc agenda
>>>
>>> Best,

>>> Pascal Baltazar
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://zkrx.org
>>> http://www.baltazars.org

Re: workshop + BoD

bltzr

Le 15 nov. 2012 à 18:20, Julien Rabin a écrit :

> I am still under 10.6 for a couple more month for sure.

we're so 2010 !!!

though, I could switch, if that really helps you guys... (Renaud and Théo convinced me today at lunch that I was a bad guy not wanting to switch...)

did anyone benchmark the performance loss between 10.6 and 10.8 ? Or know a good online benchmark of this ?
(my MBP is not so young....)

> Best,
> Julien
>
> Le 13 nov. 2012 à 17:38, Timothy Place a écrit :
>
>> Hi Théo!  We've been missing you!  :-)
>>
>> It is good to hear you are on 10.8 now.  I believe Nils is also.  So, do we have any developers left on 10.6?  If not then we may be able to simplify things with regards to compiling.
>>
>> best,
>> Tim
>>
>> On Nov 13, 2012, at 5:50 AM, Théo de la Hogue <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> sorry for being so silent the last month. My computer was down and I was not able to do anything concerning Jamoma development. But this time is over and I'm now able to build Jamoma on a MacOSX 10.8 (notice the only trouble I encounter was due to gcc47 but julien gave me the missing files and it works fine now... certainly something to discuss at the next BoD).
>>>
>>> And concerning the next BoD, the workshop topic can be discussed concretely because the GMEA is now ready to propose a workshop during the next spring (we will propose you some dates). From our point of view the most important topic is the Modular 0.6 version and AudioGraph we are currently using in pre-production. It could also be an occasion to give you an overview of the OSSIA project.
>>>
>>> I saw that the doodle about the BoD did not have so many success.
>>> Is it possible to set it up in order to choose the dates of the workshop soon as possible ?
>>>
>>> best

Re: workshop + BoD

adrian.g
Administrator
I'll be also using 10.6 until mid december, then I can switch.

best

adrian

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 5:26 PM, bltzr [via Jamoma Forums/Mailing lists] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Le 15 nov. 2012 à 18:20, Julien Rabin a écrit :

> I am still under 10.6 for a couple more month for sure.

we're so 2010 !!!

though, I could switch, if that really helps you guys... (Renaud and Théo convinced me today at lunch that I was a bad guy not wanting to switch...)

did anyone benchmark the performance loss between 10.6 and 10.8 ? Or know a good online benchmark of this ?
(my MBP is not so young....)

> Best,
> Julien
>
> Le 13 nov. 2012 à 17:38, Timothy Place a écrit :
>
>> Hi Théo!  We've been missing you!  :-)
>>
>> It is good to hear you are on 10.8 now.  I believe Nils is also.  So, do we have any developers left on 10.6?  If not then we may be able to simplify things with regards to compiling.
>>
>> best,
>> Tim
>>
>> On Nov 13, 2012, at 5:50 AM, Théo de la Hogue <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> sorry for being so silent the last month. My computer was down and I was not able to do anything concerning Jamoma development. But this time is over and I'm now able to build Jamoma on a MacOSX 10.8 (notice the only trouble I encounter was due to gcc47 but julien gave me the missing files and it works fine now... certainly something to discuss at the next BoD).
>>>
>>> And concerning the next BoD, the workshop topic can be discussed concretely because the GMEA is now ready to propose a workshop during the next spring (we will propose you some dates). From our point of view the most important topic is the Modular 0.6 version and AudioGraph we are currently using in pre-production. It could also be an occasion to give you an overview of the OSSIA project.
>>>
>>> I saw that the doodle about the BoD did not have so many success.
>>> Is it possible to set it up in order to choose the dates of the workshop soon as possible ?
>>>
>>> best

To start a new topic under Jamoma Development, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Jamoma Development, click here.
NAML

Adrian Gierakowski
jln

Re: workshop + BoD

jln
I know that 10.7 is really slow on my old Mac Book so I just cant update even to Lion. I dont even dare thinking about 10.8.

That said, anyway if I still have to work on this dying MB in two months, I'll probably end totally crazy and leave civilisation to play acoustic guitar and farm goats in the middle of nowhere so you guys can drop support of 10.6 without a hesitation. :-)

Best,
Julien

Le 15 nov. 2012 à 18:25, Pascal Baltazar a écrit :

> Le 15 nov. 2012 à 18:20, Julien Rabin a écrit :
>
>> I am still under 10.6 for a couple more month for sure.
>
> we're so 2010 !!!
>
> though, I could switch, if that really helps you guys... (Renaud and Théo convinced me today at lunch that I was a bad guy not wanting to switch...)
>
> did anyone benchmark the performance loss between 10.6 and 10.8 ? Or know a good online benchmark of this ?
> (my MBP is not so young....)
>
> Best,

>> Best,
>> Julien
>>
>> Le 13 nov. 2012 à 17:38, Timothy Place a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi Théo!  We've been missing you!  :-)
>>>
>>> It is good to hear you are on 10.8 now.  I believe Nils is also.  So, do we have any developers left on 10.6?  If not then we may be able to simplify things with regards to compiling.
>>>
>>> best,
>>> Tim

Re: workshop + BoD

On Nov 15, 2012, at 9:10 AM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> so, let's go for december 12th, 5PM European Time ?

OK, noted.

Cheers,

Re: workshop + BoD

bltzr
When I say European Time, I mean Paris (or Lille) Time - don't know about Bergen (guess it's the same...) or London (not really European ;-)

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://zkrx.org
http://www.baltazars.org

Le 15 nov. 2012 à 19:50, Trond Lossius a écrit :

> On Nov 15, 2012, at 9:10 AM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> so, let's go for december 12th, 5PM European Time ?
>
> OK, noted.
>
> Cheers,

Re: workshop + BoD

Nathan Wolek-2
I will now be on a plane returning from Tromsø at 5pm on Dec 12th.  The flight has free WiFi, but I think I would rather be on the ground.
Could we potentially move to same time on the 13th?

--Nathan

On Nov 16, 2012, at 9:43 PM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:
When I say European Time, I mean Paris (or Lille) Time - don't know about Bergen (guess it's the same...) or London (not really European ;-)

On Nov 15, 2012, at 9:10 AM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:

so, let's go for december 12th, 5PM European Time ?

Re: workshop + BoD

bltzr
according to doodle, that won't work for Tim and Adrian : http://doodle.com/pizqx953xw3py272

another potential option would be 12th 8PM - would that work better for you ?

... or maybe Tim and Adrain can make themselves available on the 13th ???

best,

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://zkrx.org
http://www.baltazars.org

Le 20 nov. 2012 à 12:41, Nathan Wolek a écrit :

> I will now be on a plane returning from Tromsø at 5pm on Dec 12th.  The flight has free WiFi, but I think I would rather be on the ground.
> Could we potentially move to same time on the 13th?
>
> --Nathan
>
> On Nov 16, 2012, at 9:43 PM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> When I say European Time, I mean Paris (or Lille) Time - don't know about Bergen (guess it's the same...) or London (not really European ;-)

Re: workshop + BoD

adrian.g
Administrator
hi all,

can't do 13th, but 12th at 8pm should work (that would be 7pm UK time I'm assuming)

best