working on Windows during the workshop

Théo de la Hogue
Hi Tim,

I just proposed to Jean-Michel Couturier (from Blue Yéti) to fund Laurent Garnier to come at the workshop in order to work on the Windows version. I think it is be a good way to resolve the last troubles Laurent encounters as it need to work on his own computer with you.

As the apartments are already booked and as the coming of Julien and me was too expensive for the GMEA, Julien will not come in Bergen.

Even if the work on Windows is not a topic to discuss with everybody during the workshop (except the organisation of Mac and Windows distribution maybe ?), it could be a parallel task that Laurent can do all along the week (from the 1st to the 6th) with Tim at his side to help him.

How do you feel with this ? (Jean-Michel needs our confirmation before to say ok to Laurent)

Re: working on Windows during the workshop

Hi Theo,

I’m replying off-list. I’m all for including Laurant in the workshop so that we can have windows working, in particular if we also manage to compile the Max implementation. I could make sure that we have access to my old laptop with a Windows 7 partition, and maybe we could have that set up for development as well, so that it’s easier to compile for Windows in the future.

On the other side it’s a real pity that Julien won’t be able to participate. Would you be available for a Skype at some point this week (tomorrow daytime is already packed for me) so that we could see what could be done about it?

Best,
trond

On 08 Jan 2014, at 12:00, Théo de la Hogue <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> I just proposed to Jean-Michel Couturier (from Blue Yéti) to fund Laurent Garnier to come at the workshop in order to work on the Windows version. I think it is be a good way to resolve the last troubles Laurent encounters as it need to work on his own computer with you.
>
> As the apartments are already booked and as the coming of Julien and me was too expensive for the GMEA, Julien will not come in Bergen.
>
> Even if the work on Windows is not a topic to discuss with everybody during the workshop (except the organisation of Mac and Windows distribution maybe ?), it could be a parallel task that Laurent can do all along the week (from the 1st to the 6th) with Tim at his side to help him.
>
> How do you feel with this ? (Jean-Michel needs our confirmation before to say ok to Laurent)
>
> Best,

Re: working on Windows during the workshop

Timothy Place
I'm happy to help with anything at the workshop, including making sure Windows is working correctly.

best,
Tim

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 5:33 AM, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Theo,

I’m replying off-list. I’m all for including Laurant in the workshop so that we can have windows working, in particular if we also manage to compile the Max implementation. I could make sure that we have access to my old laptop with a Windows 7 partition, and maybe we could have that set up for development as well, so that it’s easier to compile for Windows in the future.

On the other side it’s a real pity that Julien won’t be able to participate. Would you be available for a Skype at some point this week (tomorrow daytime is already packed for me) so that we could see what could be done about it?

Best,
trond

On 08 Jan 2014, at 12:00, Théo de la Hogue <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> I just proposed to Jean-Michel Couturier (from Blue Yéti) to fund Laurent Garnier to come at the workshop in order to work on the Windows version. I think it is be a good way to resolve the last troubles Laurent encounters as it need to work on his own computer with you.
>
> As the apartments are already booked and as the coming of Julien and me was too expensive for the GMEA, Julien will not come in Bergen.
>
> Even if the work on Windows is not a topic to discuss with everybody during the workshop (except the organisation of Mac and Windows distribution maybe ?), it could be a parallel task that Laurent can do all along the week (from the 1st to the 6th) with Tim at his side to help him.
>
> How do you feel with this ? (Jean-Michel needs our confirmation before to say ok to Laurent)
>
> Best,

Re: working on Windows during the workshop

Théo de la Hogue
Hi,
nice to see your ok for the windows proposition.

@Trond : I'm available at any time this week to discuss on Skype.

Le 8 janv. 2014 à 15:11, Timothy Place <[hidden email]> a écrit :

I'm happy to help with anything at the workshop, including making sure Windows is working correctly.

best,
Tim

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 5:33 AM, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Theo,

I’m replying off-list. I’m all for including Laurant in the workshop so that we can have windows working, in particular if we also manage to compile the Max implementation. I could make sure that we have access to my old laptop with a Windows 7 partition, and maybe we could have that set up for development as well, so that it’s easier to compile for Windows in the future.

On the other side it’s a real pity that Julien won’t be able to participate. Would you be available for a Skype at some point this week (tomorrow daytime is already packed for me) so that we could see what could be done about it?

Best,
trond

On 08 Jan 2014, at 12:00, Théo de la Hogue <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> I just proposed to Jean-Michel Couturier (from Blue Yéti) to fund Laurent Garnier to come at the workshop in order to work on the Windows version. I think it is be a good way to resolve the last troubles Laurent encounters as it need to work on his own computer with you.
>
> As the apartments are already booked and as the coming of Julien and me was too expensive for the GMEA, Julien will not come in Bergen.
>
> Even if the work on Windows is not a topic to discuss with everybody during the workshop (except the organisation of Mac and Windows distribution maybe ?), it could be a parallel task that Laurent can do all along the week (from the 1st to the 6th) with Tim at his side to help him.
>
> How do you feel with this ? (Jean-Michel needs our confirmation before to say ok to Laurent)
>
> Best,

Re: working on Windows during the workshop

Nils Peters
Hi,

I just came across C++ check (http://cppcheck.sourceforge.net/)
I think this could be useful for windows development.

cheers,

Nils

On 2014-01-08 3:43 PM, Théo de la Hogue wrote:

> [...]
>>     > _______________________________________________
>>     > Jamoma-devel mailing list
>>     > [hidden email]
>>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>     > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jamoma-devel
>>

>>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>     Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business.
>>     Most IT
>>     organizations don't have a clear picture of how application
>>     performance
>>     affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility
>>     into your
>>     Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of
>>     AppDynamics Pro!
>>     http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jamoma-devel

Re: working on Windows during the workshop

Nice !
Laurent gave me a Windows computer Monday during a meeting in order to check windows version during the workshop.
As I'll certainly look at the troubles before Bergen, I'll look to this cppcheck project.

tap

Re: working on Windows during the workshop

tap
Static analysis tools can do some pretty amazing things.  Thanks for introducing this one to us, Nils.

best,
Tim