vbap port to 64 bits

12

vbap port to 64 bits

Pascal Baltazar-5
Hi Nathan,

We were just discussing on skype with Trond the fact that vbap hasn’t apparently updated to 64 bits by anyone…
And as:
- It is part of the Jamoma dependencies (and thus installed with Jamoma), and that’s apparently the only object not updated to 64 bits (and also the only one in my performance patcher that prevents me to switching to 64 bits…)
- you’ve apparently just updated your MSP externals to 64 bit

Would you be able to give a look at them and see if you manage to update them ?

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

Re: vbap port to 64 bits

Pascal Baltazar-5
Reminder:
we should reply to the C74 forum here: https://cycling74.com/forums/topic/unable-to-load-object-bundle-executable-2/
once it’s done…

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

On 01 Jan 2015, at 17:26, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Nathan,

We were just discussing on skype with Trond the fact that vbap hasn’t apparently updated to 64 bits by anyone…
And as:
- It is part of the Jamoma dependencies (and thus installed with Jamoma), and that’s apparently the only object not updated to 64 bits (and also the only one in my performance patcher that prevents me to switching to 64 bits…)
- you’ve apparently just updated your MSP externals to 64 bit

Would you be able to give a look at them and see if you manage to update them ?

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

Re: vbap port to 64 bits

Nathan Wolek-2
Sure, I can try to tackle this. Where is the source code? I've never used it.

--Nathan Wolek

> On Jan 1, 2015, at 11:26 AM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Nathan,
>
> We were just discussing on skype with Trond the fact that vbap hasn’t apparently updated to 64 bits by anyone…
> And as:
> - It is part of the Jamoma dependencies (and thus installed with Jamoma), and that’s apparently the only object not updated to 64 bits (and also the only one in my performance patcher that prevents me to switching to 64 bits…)
> - you’ve apparently just updated your MSP externals to 64 bit
>
> Would you be able to give a look at them and see if you manage to update them ?
>
> Thanks,

> Pascal Baltazar
> [hidden email]
> http://www.baltazars.org

Re: vbap port to 64 bits

Pascal Baltazar-2
In implementations/dependencies

Takk takk !!!

Pascal Baltazar

> Le 1 janv. 2015 à 20:12, Nathan Wolek <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Sure, I can try to tackle this. Where is the source code? I've never used it.
>
> --Nathan Wolek
>
>> On Jan 1, 2015, at 11:26 AM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Nathan,
>>
>> We were just discussing on skype with Trond the fact that vbap hasn’t apparently updated to 64 bits by anyone…
>> And as:
>> - It is part of the Jamoma dependencies (and thus installed with Jamoma), and that’s apparently the only object not updated to 64 bits (and also the only one in my performance patcher that prevents me to switching to 64 bits…)
>> - you’ve apparently just updated your MSP externals to 64 bit
>>
>> Would you be able to give a look at them and see if you manage to update them ?
>>
>> Thanks,

>> Pascal Baltazar
>> [hidden email]
>> http://www.baltazars.org

jln

Re: vbap port to 64 bits

jln

Wow ! Thanks a lot Nathan. After a quick test with vbap help patch, it seems to be fine.

Thanks a lot ! vbap was most often also the main reason for not switching to 64 bit for me.

Best,
Julien

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 10:34 PM, Nathan Wolek <[hidden email]> wrote:

64-bit VBAP objects are compiled here on the dev branch waiting for testing.

-NW

On Jan 1, 2015, at 2:14 PM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:

In implementations/dependencies

Takk takk !!!

Pascal Baltazar

Le 1 janv. 2015 à 20:12, Nathan Wolek <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Sure, I can try to tackle this. Where is the source code? I've never used it.

--Nathan Wolek

Re: vbap port to 64 bits

Nathan Wolek-2
No problem. The syntax was pretty old, so it just needed a refresh.

Are there other externals with similar circumstances (waiting for 64 bit updates)? The process is pretty fresh for me right now. I cannot guarantee that will be the case in a month. :)

-Nathan

On Jan 2, 2015, at 5:07 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

Hi,

Wow ! Thanks a lot Nathan. After a quick test with vbap help patch, it seems to be fine.

Thanks a lot ! vbap was most often also the main reason for not switching to 64 bit for me.

Best,
Julien

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 10:34 PM, Nathan Wolek <[hidden email]> wrote:

64-bit VBAP objects are compiled here on the dev branch waiting for testing.

-NW

On Jan 1, 2015, at 2:14 PM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:

In implementations/dependencies

Takk takk !!!

Pascal Baltazar

Le 1 janv. 2015 à 20:12, Nathan Wolek <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Sure, I can try to tackle this. Where is the source code? I've never used it.

--Nathan Wolek

jln

Re: vbap port to 64 bits

jln
Administrator
I just checked and the following externals apparently do not work under 64 bit. For me, the only of these I used in the last year, if not more, is jit.gl.hap. But maybe the 64 port is already in the work ?

- fluidsynth~
- jit.gl.hap
- oscbonjour
- shell
- xray.*

Best,
Julien

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 11:16 PM, Nathan Wolek <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Renaud Rubiano
Shell is a useful external, but from what I remember, it has alter been ported by Jeremy Bernstein, isn't it?

I'm working on project that involves vbap, so I'll test the 64bits version tomorrow. So thank you Nathan !!

Best,

Renaud

[...]

Yes, shell object has already been ported to 64 bits

We maybe need a check to be sure that we redistribute the latest version .

Cheers,

Renaud

Le 3 janv. 2015 à 11:10, Renaud Rubiano <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

jln

Re: vbap port to 64 bits

jln
Administrator
Ok, I updated sources + external to last version.

Best,
JUlien

On samedi, janv. 3, 2015 at 11:54 AM, Renaud Rubiano <[hidden email]>, wrote:
[...]

Finally I had some time before leaving and tested, and everything seems fine

Thanks again, Nathan !!!

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

On 03 Jan 2015, at 10:29, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks a lot !!!

I'm off in Paris today but I'll test them tomorrow...

Pascal Baltazar

Le 2 janv. 2015 à 22:34, Nathan Wolek <[hidden email]> a écrit :

64-bit VBAP objects are compiled here on the dev branch waiting for testing.

-NW

On Jan 1, 2015, at 2:14 PM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:

In implementations/dependencies

Takk takk !!!

Pascal Baltazar

Le 1 janv. 2015 à 20:12, Nathan Wolek <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Sure, I can try to tackle this. Where is the source code? I've never used it.

--Nathan Wolek

Re: vbap port to 64 bits

Thanks for the updates!

nathan, while at it and having inspected the code, I currently believe that loudspeaker positions as well as source positions need to be specified using ints rather than floats. Would it be a lot of work to alter that?

Also thanks for the update to shell, Julien!

Thanks again,
Trond

> On 03 Jan 2015, at 19:01, Nathan Wolek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> No problem.
> -NW
>
>> On Jan 3, 2015, at 6:51 AM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Finally I had some time before leaving and tested, and everything seems fine
>>
>> Thanks again, Nathan !!!

>> Pascal Baltazar
>> [hidden email]
>> http://www.baltazars.org

Re: vbap port to 64 bits

Nathan Wolek-2
Trond:
Is that the last inlet? All the others should take ints. Or are you saying that they should all accept ints and floats?

-Nathan

> On Jan 4, 2015, at 10:04 AM, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the updates!
>
> nathan, while at it and having inspected the code, I currently believe that loudspeaker positions as well as source positions need to be specified using ints rather than floats. Would it be a lot of work to alter that?
>
> Also thanks for the update to shell, Julien!
>
> Thanks again,
> Trond
>

>> On 03 Jan 2015, at 19:01, Nathan Wolek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> No problem.
>> -NW
>>
>>> On Jan 3, 2015, at 6:51 AM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Finally I had some time before leaving and tested, and everything seems fine
>>>
>>> Thanks again, Nathan !!!

>>> Pascal Baltazar
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://www.baltazars.org

jln

Re: vbap port to 64 bits

jln
Administrator
I kind of remember reading a comment in a patch stating that source position set as floats are interpreted as radian. So i guess Trond means being able to set positions in degree both with int or float. I never needed to express position as radian so i'd agree with that feature request.

Best,
Julien

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 3:00 AM, Nathan Wolek <[hidden email]> wrote:

Trond:
Is that the last inlet? All the others should take ints. Or are you saying that they should all accept ints and floats?

-Nathan

> On Jan 4, 2015, at 10:04 AM, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the updates!
>
> nathan, while at it and having inspected the code, I currently believe that loudspeaker positions as well as source positions need to be specified using ints rather than floats. Would it be a lot of work to alter that?
>
> Also thanks for the update to shell, Julien!
>
> Thanks again,
> Trond
>

>> On 03 Jan 2015, at 19:01, Nathan Wolek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> No problem.
>> -NW
>>
>>> On Jan 3, 2015, at 6:51 AM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Finally I had some time before leaving and tested, and everything seems fine
>>>
>>> Thanks again, Nathan !!!

>>> Pascal Baltazar
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://www.baltazars.org

Re: vbap port to 64 bits

Pascal Baltazar-5
I also agree

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

On 05 Jan 2015, at 08:30, [hidden email] wrote:

I kind of remember reading a comment in a patch stating that source position set as floats are interpreted as radian. So i guess Trond means being able to set positions in degree both with int or float. I never needed to express position as radian so i'd agree with that feature request.

Best,
Julien

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 3:00 AM, Nathan Wolek <[hidden email]> wrote:

Trond:
Is that the last inlet? All the others should take ints. Or are you saying that they should all accept ints and floats?

-Nathan

> On Jan 4, 2015, at 10:04 AM, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the updates!
>
> nathan, while at it and having inspected the code, I currently believe that loudspeaker positions as well as source positions need to be specified using ints rather than floats. Would it be a lot of work to alter that?
>
> Also thanks for the update to shell, Julien!
>
> Thanks again,
> Trond
>

>> On 03 Jan 2015, at 19:01, Nathan Wolek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> No problem.
>> -NW
>>
>>> On Jan 3, 2015, at 6:51 AM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Finally I had some time before leaving and tested, and everything seems fine
>>>
>>> Thanks again, Nathan !!!

>>> Pascal Baltazar
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://www.baltazars.org