registerForNotification is deprecated

Théo de la Hogue-2
Hi Tim,
I have new warnings when I'm compiling : 'registerObserverForNotifications' is deprecated.

but when I look at the code it seems there is no new way of registering for notification for TTObject (?).
maybe it is due to a bad #endif stuff introduced for the send message change :

TTValue send(const TTSymbol aName, const TTValue& anInputValue);
#define SUPPORT_OLD_SEND_SYNTAX
#ifdef SUPPORT_OLD_SEND_SYNTAX
TT_DEPRECATED ( TTErr send(const TTSymbol aName, const TTValue& anInputValue, TTValue& anOutputValue); )
#endif

/** Register an observer.
The observer will be monitoring this object.

@param anObservingObject Reference to the observing object.
@return #TTErr error code if the method fails to execute, else #kTTErrNone.
*/
TTErr registerObserverForNotifications(const TTObject& anObservingObject);

tap

Re: registerForNotification is deprecated

tap
Hi Théo,

I guess you could be right about the preprocessor stuff getting confused.  An easy experiment would be to reverse the order of the two prototypes and see what happens as a result.

Tim