@priority

Ricardo
Hi,

I'm having trouble with the @priority attribute. I have triple checked all @priorities ranging from 1 to 15. But when I try to save a preset, the order of the parameters do not correspond with the priority I have specified in the parameter. What am I missing?

I have made an image of the cue, where I added the wanted priority and what it actually is giving me. This is probably something obvious as usual, but I cannot figure this out.

Thanks for taking a look

Re: @priority

Hi Ricardo,

Is this with respect to in what sequence it is listed in the preset, or is this a problems that you also see if you connect a print object to the outlet of j.model?

Re: @priority

And regarding the /audio/gain and /audio/mute attributes, these are @priorty 0 (in other words no priority at all), and should fire after all attributes with higher priority. Do you have a use case where their priority need to be higher?

> On 21 Mar 2015, at 21:37, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Ricardo,
>
> Is this with respect to in what sequence it is listed in the preset, or is this a problems that you also see if you connect a print object to the outlet of j.model?
>
> Best,
> Trond
>
>> On 21 Mar 2015, at 20:45, Ricardo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm having trouble with the @priority attribute. I have triple checked all
>> @priorities ranging from 1 to 15. But when I try to save a preset, the order
>> of the parameters do not correspond with the priority I have specified in
>> the parameter. What am I missing?
>>
>> I have made an image of the cue, where I added the wanted priority and what
>> it actually is giving me. This is probably something obvious as usual, but I
>> cannot figure this out.
>>
>> Thanks for taking a look

Re: @priority

Ricardo
No, no need. Just wondering if I needed to add those to the list in the specific order for the whole priority list to work properly.
Thanks for the information.

Actually when saving a preset from the view model I get another sequence. Seems that loop/interpolate parameter changes priority depending if I make a preset or a cue:

From view:
voices 16
steal 1
retrigger 10
maxsustain -1.000000
legato 1
attack 498.750000
decay 133.750000
sustain 0.350000
release 2620.000000
loop 1
soundfile C_1.aiff
looppoints 4377.347168 25420.839844
loop/interpolate 18.400002
audio/gain 100.000000
audio/mute 0
base/freq 10
read/folder "Macintosh SSD:/Users/delpozo/Dropbox/Ableton/User Library/Samples/Modified/"
use/external/buffers 0

From j.cue
/samp1/voices 16
/samp1/steal 1
/samp1/retrigger 10
/samp1/maxsustain -1.000000
/samp1/legato 1
/samp1/attack 498.750000
/samp1/decay 133.750000
/samp1/sustain 0.350000
/samp1/release 2620.000000
/samp1/loop 1
/samp1/loop/interpolate 18.400002
/samp1/soundfile C_1.aiff
/samp1/looppoints 4377.347168 25420.839844
/samp1/audio/gain 100.000000
/samp1/audio/mute 0
/samp1/base/freq 10
/samp1/read/folder "Macintosh SSD:/Users/delpozo/Dropbox/Ableton/User Library/Samples/Modified/"
/samp1/use/external/buffers 0

Re: @priority

Pascal Baltazar-5
priorities are node-based and recursive in 0.6, maybe that is the problem ?

there is a priorities tab in j.parameter.maxhelp
investigate also j.node

not sure, but hope this helps

cheers !

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

> Le 21 mars 2015 à 22:14, Ricardo <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> No, no need. Just wondering if I needed to add those to the list in the
> specific order for the whole priority list to work properly.
> Thanks for the information.
>
> Actually when saving a preset from the view model I get another sequence.
> Seems that loop/interpolate parameter changes priority depending if I make a
> preset or a cue:
>
>> From view:
> voices 16
> steal 1
> retrigger 10
> maxsustain -1.000000
> legato 1
> attack 498.750000
> decay 133.750000
> sustain 0.350000
> release 2620.000000
> loop 1
> soundfile C_1.aiff
> looppoints 4377.347168 25420.839844
> loop/interpolate 18.400002
> audio/gain 100.000000
> audio/mute 0
> base/freq 10
> read/folder "Macintosh SSD:/Users/delpozo/Dropbox/Ableton/User
> Library/Samples/Modified/"
> use/external/buffers 0
>
>> From j.cue
> /samp1/voices 16
> /samp1/steal 1
> /samp1/retrigger 10
> /samp1/maxsustain -1.000000
> /samp1/legato 1
> /samp1/attack 498.750000
> /samp1/decay 133.750000
> /samp1/sustain 0.350000
> /samp1/release 2620.000000
> /samp1/loop 1
> /samp1/loop/interpolate 18.400002
> /samp1/soundfile C_1.aiff
> /samp1/looppoints 4377.347168 25420.839844
> /samp1/audio/gain 100.000000
> /samp1/audio/mute 0
> /samp1/base/freq 10
> /samp1/read/folder "Macintosh SSD:/Users/delpozo/Dropbox/Ableton/User
> Library/Samples/Modified/"
> /samp1/use/external/buffers 0

Re: @priority

Ricardo
But is it not so that if you set the @priority message on each parameter they will recall the state in  a specific order? When i load the model, this does not happen. I attached a print object to the outlet of the model, and the priorities are not in the order i have specified.

I'll check out j.node, but do i need this inside the model as well? In order to get priority straight?

Sent from my iPhone

On 22 Mar 2015, at 07:38, Pascal Baltazar-5 [via Jamoma Forums/Mailing lists] <[hidden email]> wrote:

priorities are node-based and recursive in 0.6, maybe that is the problem ?

there is a priorities tab in j.parameter.maxhelp
investigate also j.node

not sure, but hope this helps

cheers !

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

> Le 21 mars 2015 à 22:14, Ricardo <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> No, no need. Just wondering if I needed to add those to the list in the
> specific order for the whole priority list to work properly.
> Thanks for the information.
>
> Actually when saving a preset from the view model I get another sequence.
> Seems that loop/interpolate parameter changes priority depending if I make a
> preset or a cue:
>
>> From view:
> voices 16
> steal 1
> retrigger 10
> maxsustain -1.000000
> legato 1
> attack 498.750000
> decay 133.750000
> sustain 0.350000
> release 2620.000000
> loop 1
> soundfile C_1.aiff
> looppoints 4377.347168 25420.839844
> loop/interpolate 18.400002
> audio/gain 100.000000
> audio/mute 0
> base/freq 10
> read/folder "Macintosh SSD:/Users/delpozo/Dropbox/Ableton/User
> Library/Samples/Modified/"
> use/external/buffers 0
>
>> From j.cue
> /samp1/voices 16
> /samp1/steal 1
> /samp1/retrigger 10
> /samp1/maxsustain -1.000000
> /samp1/legato 1
> /samp1/attack 498.750000
> /samp1/decay 133.750000
> /samp1/sustain 0.350000
> /samp1/release 2620.000000
> /samp1/loop 1
> /samp1/loop/interpolate 18.400002
> /samp1/soundfile C_1.aiff
> /samp1/looppoints 4377.347168 25420.839844
> /samp1/audio/gain 100.000000
> /samp1/audio/mute 0
> /samp1/base/freq 10
> /samp1/read/folder "Macintosh SSD:/Users/delpozo/Dropbox/Ableton/User
> Library/Samples/Modified/"
> /samp1/use/external/buffers 0

NAML

Re: @priority

Ricardo
AH, i understand. I have used sub node. my parameter was read/folder, but if I name it read_folder then it will be executed in the correct order.

Thanks for the pointer Pascal.