preset validation could not open schema doc

preset validation could not open schema doc

William Wang
Hi

I have made a patch which including jmod.input% module. When I create a standalone application in Max basing on this patch, warnings appear as following:

Object:
 jcom.hub

Message:
preset validation could not open schema doc
Unable to open
jmod.input% module: preset recall -  invalid preset 1 specified

Any solution for this issue.

Best

William

Re: preset validation could not open schema doc

Nils Peters

Hi William,

For crating the standalone, did you use the Jamoma Application builder?
What Jamoma Version are you using?
What's your OS?

best,

Nils

On 12-07-27 1:14 AM, William Wang wrote:

> Hi
> I have made a patch which including jmod.input% module. When I create a
> standalone application in Max basing on this patch, warnings appear
> as following:
> Object:
>   jcom.hub
> Message:
> preset validation could not open schema doc
> Unable to open
> jmod.input% module: preset recall -  invalid preset 1 specified
> Any solution for this issue.
> Best
> William

> Live Security Virtual Conference

Re: preset validation could not open schema doc

William Wang
Hi Nils,

My OS is Windows XP. The version of Max is 5.1 and Jamoma version is 0.5.3

When I created standalone application, I clicked  " Build Collective/Application" from Max menu. If I should use the Jamoma Application builder, please advise how to do it.

Best

William

Re: preset validation could not open schema doc

Nils Peters
Hi William,

sorry for the delay. here is what you should do:

1. Select Build Collective/Application from the File menu and create a standalone
2a. From the Extra menu, select Jamoma-overview.
2b. In the overview patch, click on the Application builder
2c. In the Application builder, press on the button and select in the following dialog the location of the standalone you created at 1.
2d. Once you confirmed the location, the Application builder will start to work. When it is done, it will close automatically.

I hope that helps. Let me know if that works.

best,

Nils

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 03:06:55 -0700 (PDT)
> Von: William Wang <[hidden email]>
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: Re: [Jamoma-users] preset validation could not open schema doc

> Hi Nils,
>
> My OS is Windows XP. The version of Max is 5.1 and Jamoma version is 0.5.3
>
> When I created standalone application, I clicked  " Build
> Collective/Application" from Max menu. If I should use the Jamoma
> Application builder, please advise how to do it.
>
> Best
>
> William

Re: preset validation could not open schema doc

William Wang
Hi Nils,

Thanks for your information!

Following your instruction, I tried several times on my file. But unfortunately, the problem is still there.

Best

William

Re: preset validation could not open schema doc

Nils Peters
hi William,

Are you using self-made modules or just the modules from the Jamoma
distribution?
Have you tried to build a simple standalone with jmod.input~ and
jmod.output~ ? Does that work?

cheers,

Nils

On 12-08-20 9:56 PM, William Wang wrote:

> Hi Nils,
>
> Thanks for your information!
>
> Following your instruction, I tried several times on my file. But
> unfortunately, the problem is still there.
>
> Best
>
> William

Re: preset validation could not open schema doc

William Wang
Hi Nils,

I have tried one simple standalone only with one jmod.input% module. It still does not work.

Does it work on your computer?

Best

William

Re: preset validation could not open schema doc

Hi William,

I recently received these suggestions off-list from Adrian:

> Hi Trond,
>
> yes, I've tried in November last year I think and fixed some things in the application builder patch. I think the changes were included in the latest Windows installer.
>
> @ William
> I see you are trying to build with Jamoma 0.5.3 so maybe you should have a go with the latest version:
> http://jamoma.org/download/Jamoma-0.5.6-b1.zip

Maybe that would help?

Cheers,
Trond

On Sep 1, 2012, at 10:58 AM, William Wang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Nils,
>
> I have tried one simple standalone only with one jmod.input% module. It
> still does not work.
>
> Does it work on your computer?
>
> Best
>
> William

Re: preset validation could not open schema doc

William Wang
Hi Trond,

Thanks for your support!

I have reinstalled Max and Jamoma. Then I build a standalone with jmod.input%. But it seems not work.

Sorry for this.

Best

William

The result of Standalone application

Re: preset validation could not open schema doc

adrian.g
Administrator
hi William,

I will try testing it on a windows machine later this week and I'll get back to you.

best

Adrian

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM, William Wang <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Trond,

Thanks for your support!

I have reinstalled Max and Jamoma. Then I build a standalone with
jmod.input%. But it seems not work.

Sorry for this.

Best

William

Adrian Gierakowski

Re: preset validation could not open schema doc

William Wang
Hi Adrian,

Please advise if you have done the test on a windows PC. If yes, how about the result?

Best

William

Re: preset validation could not open schema doc

Nils Peters
Dear William,

It looks like jcom.remote is not copied correctly. We had the same
problem on a mac but we forgot to fix it for windows too. Please try
attached version. I don't have a windows machine to test the fix. Just
let us know if it works.

best,

nils

On 12-10-08 6:20 AM, William Wang wrote:

> Hi Adrian,
>
> Please advise if you have done the test on a windows PC. If yes, how about
> the result?
>
> Best
>
> William

Jamoma Builder.maxpat.zip (16K) Download Attachment