jcom.panorama

Nathan Wolek-2
Can anyone confirm this object is not working? Might be my branch, but I am too close to a gig to change anything now.
--NW

Re: jcom.panorama

Hi Nathan,

I gave the help file a quick go, and it seems fine. I'm on master branch all the way throughout. If you have a demo patch illustrating the problem you're experiencing, it might be easier to investigate further.

Cheers,
Trond

On Nov 8, 2012, at 11:42 AM, Nathan Wolek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can anyone confirm this object is not working? Might be my branch, but I am too close to a gig to change anything now.
> --NW

Re: jcom.panorama

Nathan Wolek-2
OK.  Here it is doing nothing, but again my branch might be to blame.  I worked around it for this weekend, so no big deal.  Thanks for checking.
--NW

On Nov 8, 2012, at 9:22 PM, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Nathan,
>
> I gave the help file a quick go, and it seems fine. I'm on master branch all the way throughout. If you have a demo patch illustrating the problem you're experiencing, it might be easier to investigate further.
>
> Cheers,
> Trond
>

> On Nov 8, 2012, at 11:42 AM, Nathan Wolek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Can anyone confirm this object is not working? Might be my branch, but I am too close to a gig to change anything now.
>> --NW

Re: jcom.panorama

Hi Nathan,

I just checked the implementation test for jcom.balance~, and it seems to be fine on the master branch.

Cheers,
Trond

On Nov 8, 2012, at 12:48 PM, Nathan Wolek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK.  Here it is doing nothing, but again my branch might be to blame.  I worked around it for this weekend, so no big deal.  Thanks for checking.
> --NW
>
> On Nov 8, 2012, at 9:22 PM, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Nathan,
>>
>> I gave the help file a quick go, and it seems fine. I'm on master branch all the way throughout. If you have a demo patch illustrating the problem you're experiencing, it might be easier to investigate further.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Trond
>>

>> On Nov 8, 2012, at 11:42 AM, Nathan Wolek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Can anyone confirm this object is not working? Might be my branch, but I am too close to a gig to change anything now.
>>> --NW

Re: jcom.panorama

Pascal Baltazar-5
Hi !

jcom.panorama~ is buggy on my side (latest 0.6 installer) : when using it with one input channel, the right output channel constantly outputs at 0dB (visible in the help patcher).

Does anyone else experience this ?

If not, could anyone send me his (working) jcom.panorama~.mxo by email ?

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

Le 9 nov. 2012 à 01:23, Trond Lossius a écrit :

> Hi Nathan,
>
> I just checked the implementation test for jcom.balance~, and it seems to be fine on the master branch.
>
> Cheers,
> Trond
>

> On Nov 8, 2012, at 12:48 PM, Nathan Wolek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> OK.  Here it is doing nothing, but again my branch might be to blame.  I worked around it for this weekend, so no big deal.  Thanks for checking.
>> --NW
>>
>> On Nov 8, 2012, at 9:22 PM, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Nathan,
>>>
>>> I gave the help file a quick go, and it seems fine. I'm on master branch all the way throughout. If you have a demo patch illustrating the problem you're experiencing, it might be easier to investigate further.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Trond

jln

Re: jcom.panorama

jln
Administrator
Hi Pascal,

jcom.panorama~ seems to work fine, here (latest 0.6 installer as well). I attach my version so you can give it a try.

Cheers,
Julien

Le 7 déc. 2012 à 13:10, Pascal Baltazar a écrit :

> Hi !
>
> jcom.panorama~ is buggy on my side (latest 0.6 installer) : when using it with one input channel, the right output channel constantly outputs at 0dB (visible in the help patcher).
>
> Does anyone else experience this ?
>
> If not, could anyone send me his (working) jcom.panorama~.mxo by email ?
>
> Best,

> Pascal Baltazar
> [hidden email]
> http://www.baltazars.org
>
> Le 9 nov. 2012 à 01:23, Trond Lossius a écrit :
>
>> Hi Nathan,
>>
>> I just checked the implementation test for jcom.balance~, and it seems to be fine on the master branch.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Trond
>>

>> On Nov 8, 2012, at 12:48 PM, Nathan Wolek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> OK.  Here it is doing nothing, but again my branch might be to blame.  I worked around it for this weekend, so no big deal.  Thanks for checking.
>>> --NW

jcom.panorama~.mxo.zip (36K) Download Attachment

Re: jcom.panorama

Pascal Baltazar-5
Thanks Julien,

surprisingly, here it doesn't :
the mono version has a problem : the right channel never goes down

the stereo version looks fine, though...

that's strange !

best,

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

Le 9 déc. 2012 à 00:50, Julien Rabin a écrit :

> Hi Pascal,
>
> jcom.panorama~ seems to work fine, here (latest 0.6 installer as well). I attach my version so you can give it a try.
>
> Cheers,
> Julien
> <jcom.panorama~.mxo.zip>
> Le 7 déc. 2012 à 13:10, Pascal Baltazar a écrit :
>
>> Hi !
>>
>> jcom.panorama~ is buggy on my side (latest 0.6 installer) : when using it with one input channel, the right output channel constantly outputs at 0dB (visible in the help patcher).
>>
>> Does anyone else experience this ?
>>
>> If not, could anyone send me his (working) jcom.panorama~.mxo by email ?
>>
>> Best,

>> Pascal Baltazar
>> [hidden email]
>> http://www.baltazars.org
>>
>> Le 9 nov. 2012 à 01:23, Trond Lossius a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi Nathan,
>>>
>>> I just checked the implementation test for jcom.balance~, and it seems to be fine on the master branch.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Trond

jln

Re: jcom.panorama

jln
Administrator
I should have mentionned that this was on Max 6.0.8. After retesting, I get the same as you on Max 5 although it works fine with Max 6. I assume you got this on Max 5, right ?

Best,
Julien

Le 9 déc. 2012 à 15:12, Pascal Baltazar a écrit :

> Thanks Julien,
>
> surprisingly, here it doesn't :
> the mono version has a problem : the right channel never goes down
>
> the stereo version looks fine, though...
>
> that's strange !
>
> best,

> Pascal Baltazar
> [hidden email]
> http://www.baltazars.org
>
> Le 9 déc. 2012 à 00:50, Julien Rabin a écrit :
>
>> Hi Pascal,
>>
>> jcom.panorama~ seems to work fine, here (latest 0.6 installer as well). I attach my version so you can give it a try.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Julien
>> <jcom.panorama~.mxo.zip>
>> Le 7 déc. 2012 à 13:10, Pascal Baltazar a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi !
>>>
>>> jcom.panorama~ is buggy on my side (latest 0.6 installer) : when using it with one input channel, the right output channel constantly outputs at 0dB (visible in the help patcher).
>>>
>>> Does anyone else experience this ?
>>>
>>> If not, could anyone send me his (working) jcom.panorama~.mxo by email ?
>>>
>>> Best,

>>> Pascal Baltazar
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://www.baltazars.org

Re: jcom.panorama

Pascal Baltazar-5
right

another Max5-Max6 DSP strangeness...

maybe we should make a ticket on redmine for this ?

thanks for checking

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

Le 9 déc. 2012 à 16:20, Julien Rabin a écrit :

> I should have mentionned that this was on Max 6.0.8. After retesting, I get the same as you on Max 5 although it works fine with Max 6. I assume you got this on Max 5, right ?
>
> Best,
> Julien
>

> Le 9 déc. 2012 à 15:12, Pascal Baltazar a écrit :
>
>> Thanks Julien,
>>
>> surprisingly, here it doesn't :
>> the mono version has a problem : the right channel never goes down
>>
>> the stereo version looks fine, though...
>>
>> that's strange !
>>
>> best,

>> Pascal Baltazar
>> [hidden email]
>> http://www.baltazars.org
>>
>> Le 9 déc. 2012 à 00:50, Julien Rabin a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi Pascal,
>>>
>>> jcom.panorama~ seems to work fine, here (latest 0.6 installer as well). I attach my version so you can give it a try.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Julien
>>> <jcom.panorama~.mxo.zip>

Re: jcom.panorama

Nils Peters
On 2012-12-09 8:20 AM, Pascal Baltazar wrote:
> right
>
> another Max5-Max6 DSP strangeness...
>
> maybe we should make a ticket on redmine for this ?
>
> thanks for checking

That sounds like a bug in the TTClassWrapperMax.
For the panorama object, I use the "fixedNumOutputChannels" flag.
The wrappedClass_perform64 in TTClassWrapperMax can account for that,
but the wrappedClass_perform method used by Max5 might not.
worth a redmine ticket ....

cheers,

nils

Re: jcom.panorama

Pascal Baltazar-5
I could create a ticket, but what you describe is almost chinese for me

I'll just copy/paste, then...

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org