Quantcast

how to handle umenu and other parameters with content AND id ?

how to handle umenu and other parameters with content AND id ?

gluontronic
Hi,
building my first modules and enjoying by advance the easiness to use/support them in a close future :)

I have a question about using umenu, for instance.
Of course it works fine as a parameter in the jmod. part of modules, but how can we "publish" the whole value available for further use ? I mean, I can use GUI to change values, but if I want to automatize this, I have to know that
0 is 1/2
1 is 1/4
... in my case..

I'd like to send 1/2 to my jmod directly.

maybe it is a nonsense.. let me know

Re: how to handle umenu and other parameters with content AND id ?

It sounds to me like you want to set the @type of the parameter to string. In that case the following might give you some ideas.

Cheers,
Trond

<pre><code>
----------begin_max5_patcher----------
591.3ocyVssaiCBD8Y6uBDO6ME7s3rOs62QUTEIl1PTLDA31raU+2Wy.NoYa
hpcT5kWfvLigybXNC443H7B0NtAi9I5VTTzywQQfImgnv5HbCa2xMLCDFtga
LrG33DuOKemErey8JEx9jp2w8Jo0H9K24jlNgDLukYWtRHe3NMeo0etz7oct
QYyxcSzLBLUMgflG9HYaiPtgaADjFLJpgyUsX8OnY3CQpZs8gRCV8lr+YK2e
hX79s1ASIqAbf+sVv1fcNdIN1MjLPRQxepCGugSVuT0LQHGOkjVTATRVgaJe
laLkbNFgdBFgdZFI8rLRxmKqrpcw3okxLfHxntohKfUHeCXkO.ATujADPEYi
V+L6ZJe5wola3RKyJTxiD6496PPySBCn4WahTI4WZ8UOOlOZdr5KtMz4XjKp
pJO0KvpfdPEiuqb4WLaz1vks8XfIkJewH3a7zQ1zodFnDlHjQ28Icuzfo6RN
KWeGWxVrANbxI4prywUBoE5MkLLwnvxaBuxiAkABm3FfBi9euRy69z4W4F86
SVjSV9KWNfLVcG4dw2AgG.n9Jyw8B.db77fH4WwXPX3MB4++mpfrwY+XZznZ
0K6Or9GtQGxmZtwJj6qau8v+2AQ2GzJQcMW95pnZgwUXA4M4jWnCEOyFBbHG
EzGIbp9dAmgbYk9NnoQTuU0omCELYcMXJ5ppKgFLYk4ucEcJzCJDIr5.Ftp4
F8cxsxOs5vzAfF5Edu6EsrsaejqMgsD.RWWt0JsaYYBrTH8KgcDq4OJ5iuJ1
sauD+O.8+1vk
-----------end_max5_patcher-----------
</code></pre>

On Jun 19, 2013, at 2:04 PM, gluontronic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> building my first modules and enjoying by advance the easiness to
> use/support them in a close future :)
>
> I have a question about using umenu, for instance.
> Of course it works fine as a parameter in the jmod. part of modules, but how
> can we "publish" the whole value available for further use ? I mean, I can
> use GUI to change values, but if I want to automatize this, I have to know
> that
> 0 is 1/2
> 1 is 1/4
> ... in my case..
>
> I'd like to send 1/2 to my jmod directly.
>
> maybe it is a nonsense.. let me know

Re: how to handle umenu and other parameters with content AND id ?

gluontronic
okay got the idea!
thanks a lot!