collection of jamoma modules for granular sound processing written using FTM/Gabor

collection of jamoma modules for granular sound processing written using FTM/Gabor

adrian.g
Administrator
Hi all,

I finally decided to make my granular modules public. I was planning to do it much earlier but I always had something in mind, which I wanted to change or implement before showing it to people. This combined with the lack of time (uni + son) made it take few months longer then I thought. There are still some (many :-) feature I would like to add but I think that the general design will not change much.

you can read more about the patches and see some screen-shots on my website: http://www.audibledata.com/Software.html

download page:
http://www.audibledata.com/Download.html

I am planning to upload it to github as UserLib as soon as I find some free time (for now I am busy hunting for a PhD ;-)

I also made two videos:

first one is a demo of preset interpolation with a graphical ui widget I created (the preset mixpad I posted on the forum some time ago):  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r00LKvWIV9E

and the second one is a tutorial roughly describing how the modules work:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB0PWAtdjK8

I also have two examples of how I use the software in my compositions:

The first one is a piece for an electronic drum-kit and an early version of the modules (it was performed in Aldeburgh and London last November).
description of the piece on my website:
http://www.audibledata.com/Music/Entries/2010/11/13_Unitas_Multiplex_for_electronic_drum-kit%2C_Max_Msp_and_a_multichannel_diffusion_system_%285%29.html
On this page you can download an audio file containing a stereo down-mix of a recording we made during a rehearsal (during the concerts the piece was performed through an ambisonic system).

And the second is an ocophonic piece which I composed mainly using my granular modules (and some spatialisation modules):
http://www.audibledata.com/Music/Entries/2011/1/13_Surr...realism_%28for_octophonic_sound_diffusion_system%29_%2810%29.html
You can download only a 3 min fragment of the piece since the rest didn't down-mix nicely into stereo and I didn't have time to work on a proper stereo version (its probably pointless anyway :-)

I hope you'll like what you see\hear and I would be very happy to receive some feedback (both for programming and music). Constructive criticism welcome :-)

Thank you all guys for all the hard work on developing Jamoma! (can't wait for the NodeLib :-)

Btw. sorry for the non-orthodox patching style, I'll try to do better in the feature ;-)

best wishes

Adrian Gierakowski

Re: collection of jamoma modules for granular sound processing written using FTM/Gabor

Ricardo del Pozo
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: collection of jamoma modules for granular sound processing written using FTM/Gabor

Thanks, Adrian,

I'm looking forward to checking out.

BTW: I tried subscribing to your RSS feed, but get the following error message:

feed://www.audibledata.com/Adrian_Gierakowski/Blog/rss.xml
Safari could not update this feed because the source file is no longer available.

However this URL seems to work:

feed://www.audibledata.com/Blog/rss.xml

On Jan 24, 2011, at 4:46 AM, adrian.g wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I finally decided to make my granular modules public. I was planning to do
> it much earlier but I always had something in mind, which I wanted to change
> or implement before showing it to people. This combined with the lack of
> time (uni + son) made it take few months longer then I thought. There are
> still some (many :-) feature I would like to add but I think that the
> general design will not change much.

> you can read more about the patches and see some screen-shots on my website:
> http://www.audibledata.com/Software.html
>
> download page:
> http://www.audibledata.com/Download.html
>
> I am planning to upload it to github as UserLib as soon as I find some free
> time (for now I am busy hunting for a PhD ;-)
>
> I also made two videos:
>
> first one is a demo of preset interpolation with a graphical ui widget I
> created (the preset mixpad I posted on the forum some time ago):
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r00LKvWIV9E
>
> and the second one is a tutorial roughly describing how the modules work:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB0PWAtdjK8
>
> I also have two examples of how I use the software in my compositions:
>
> The first one is a piece for an electronic drum-kit and an early version of
> the modules (it was performed in Aldeburgh and London last November).
> description of the piece on my website:
> http://www.audibledata.com/Music/Entries/2010/11/13_Unitas_Multiplex_for_electronic_drum-kit%2C_Max_Msp_and_a_multichannel_diffusion_system_%285%29.html
> On this page you can download an audio file containing a stereo down-mix of
> a recording we made during a rehearsal (during the concerts the piece was
> performed through an ambisonic system).
>
> And the second is an ocophonic piece which I composed mainly using my
> granular modules (and some spatialisation modules):
> http://www.audibledata.com/Music/Entries/2011/1/13_Surr...realism_%28for_octophonic_sound_diffusion_system%29_%2810%29.html
> You can download only a 3 min fragment of the piece since the rest didn't
> down-mix nicely into stereo and I didn't have time to work on a proper
> stereo version (its probably pointless anyway :-)
>
> I hope you'll like what you see\hear and I would be very happy to receive
> some feedback (both for programming and music). Constructive criticism
> welcome :-)
>
> Thank you all guys for all the hard work on developing Jamoma! (can't wait
> for the NodeLib :-)
>
> Btw. sorry for the non-orthodox patching style, I'll try to do better in the
> feature ;-)
>
> best wishes
>
> --
> Adrian Gierakowski

Re: collection of jamoma modules for granular sound processing written using FTM/Gabor

adrian.g
Administrator
Hi Trond,

Thanks for pointing that out, I'm fixing it right now.

best

Adrian

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 7:37 AM, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> performed through an ambisonic system).
>>
>> And the second is an ocophonic piece which I composed mainly using my
>> granular modules (and some spatialisation modules):
>> http://www.audibledata.com/Music/Entries/2011/1/13_Surr...realism_%28for_octophonic_sound_diffusion_system%29_%2810%29.html
>> You can download only a 3 min fragment of the piece since the rest didn't
>> down-mix nicely into stereo and I didn't have time to work on a proper
>> stereo version (its probably pointless anyway :-)
>>
>> I hope you'll like what you see\hear and I would be very happy to receive
>> some feedback (both for programming and music). Constructive criticism
>> welcome :-)
>>
>> Thank you all guys for all the hard work on developing Jamoma! (can't wait
>> for the NodeLib :-)
>>
>> Btw. sorry for the non-orthodox patching style, I'll try to do better in the

Adrian Gierakowski

jln

Re: collection of jamoma modules for granular sound processing written using FTM/Gabor

jln
Hi Adrian,

Thanks a lot for sharing your work. It looks great. Particularly, the record functions are huge imo !

Feel free to send us your Github repository url when you have the time and we will add it to the UserLib. In the mean time, I will be happy to post a note on Jamoma blog if that's ok with you.

I can not wait to give your modules a try.

Best,
Julien

Le 24 janv. 2011 à 04:46, adrian.g a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I finally decided to make my granular modules public. I was planning to do
> it much earlier but I always had something in mind, which I wanted to change
> or implement before showing it to people. This combined with the lack of
> time (uni + son) made it take few months longer then I thought. There are
> still some (many :-) feature I would like to add but I think that the
> general design will not change much.

> you can read more about the patches and see some screen-shots on my website:
> http://www.audibledata.com/Software.html
>
> download page:
> http://www.audibledata.com/Download.html
>
> I am planning to upload it to github as UserLib as soon as I find some free
> time (for now I am busy hunting for a PhD ;-)
>
> I also made two videos:
>
> first one is a demo of preset interpolation with a graphical ui widget I
> created (the preset mixpad I posted on the forum some time ago):
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r00LKvWIV9E
>
> and the second one is a tutorial roughly describing how the modules work:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB0PWAtdjK8
>
> I also have two examples of how I use the software in my compositions:
>
> The first one is a piece for an electronic drum-kit and an early version of
> the modules (it was performed in Aldeburgh and London last November).
> description of the piece on my website:
> http://www.audibledata.com/Music/Entries/2010/11/13_Unitas_Multiplex_for_electronic_drum-kit%2C_Max_Msp_and_a_multichannel_diffusion_system_%285%29.html
> On this page you can download an audio file containing a stereo down-mix of
> a recording we made during a rehearsal (during the concerts the piece was
> performed through an ambisonic system).
>
> And the second is an ocophonic piece which I composed mainly using my
> granular modules (and some spatialisation modules):
> http://www.audibledata.com/Music/Entries/2011/1/13_Surr...realism_%28for_octophonic_sound_diffusion_system%29_%2810%29.html
> You can download only a 3 min fragment of the piece since the rest didn't
> down-mix nicely into stereo and I didn't have time to work on a proper
> stereo version (its probably pointless anyway :-)
>
> I hope you'll like what you see\hear and I would be very happy to receive
> some feedback (both for programming and music). Constructive criticism
> welcome :-)
>
> Thank you all guys for all the hard work on developing Jamoma! (can't wait
> for the NodeLib :-)
>
> Btw. sorry for the non-orthodox patching style, I'll try to do better in the
> feature ;-)
>
> best wishes
>
> --
> Adrian Gierakowski

Re: collection of jamoma modules for granular sound processing written using FTM/Gabor

adrian.g
Administrator
Hi Julien,

I will be happy to post a note on Jamoma blog if that's ok with you.

go ahead,

Feel free to send us your Github repository url when you have the time and we will add it to the UserLib.

I'll do it sometime this week

best

Adrian

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Julien Rabin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> performed through an ambisonic system).
>
> And the second is an ocophonic piece which I composed mainly using my
> granular modules (and some spatialisation modules):
> http://www.audibledata.com/Music/Entries/2011/1/13_Surr...realism_%28for_octophonic_sound_diffusion_system%29_%2810%29.html
> You can download only a 3 min fragment of the piece since the rest didn't
> down-mix nicely into stereo and I didn't have time to work on a proper
> stereo version (its probably pointless anyway :-)
>
> I hope you'll like what you see\hear and I would be very happy to receive
> some feedback (both for programming and music). Constructive criticism
> welcome :-)
>
> Thank you all guys for all the hard work on developing Jamoma! (can't wait
> for the NodeLib :-)
>
> Btw. sorry for the non-orthodox patching style, I'll try to do better in the

Adrian Gierakowski

jln

Re: collection of jamoma modules for granular sound processing written using FTM/Gabor

jln
Administrator
Ok, I take care of this later today.

Best,
Julien

Le 24 janv. 2011 à 13:37, Adrian Gierakowski a écrit :

Hi Julien,

> [...]

> You can download only a 3 min fragment of the piece since the rest didn't
> down-mix nicely into stereo and I didn't have time to work on a proper
> stereo version (its probably pointless anyway :-)
>
> I hope you'll like what you see\hear and I would be very happy to receive
> some feedback (both for programming and music). Constructive criticism
> welcome :-)
>
> Thank you all guys for all the hard work on developing Jamoma! (can't wait
> for the NodeLib :-)
>
> Btw. sorry for the non-orthodox patching style, I'll try to do better in the
> feature ;-)
>
> best wishes
>
> --
> Adrian Gierakowski

Adrian Gierakowski

Re: collection of jamoma modules for granular sound processing written using FTM/Gabor

Btw.

please ignore the following error messages:

while loading ag.granular.engine~ :
ftm.object: cannot load object from file '0'

while loading sample paths from a text file:
ftm.object: cannot load object from file 'NAME_OF_THE_FILE_data.txt'

They do NOT mean that something went wrong, I should fix this in the near feature.

best

Adrian

Hi Julien,

Adrian Gierakowski

--
Adrian Gierakowski

Re: collection of jamoma modules for granular sound processing written using FTM/Gabor

Nils Peters
Hi Adrian,

very nice videos.

What I am wondering about - right now you control your preset
interpolator with the mouse - so you always have one interpolation point.

could your preset interpolator be controlled by a trackpad too (e.g.,
using Marlon's jmod.fingerpinger ?
I would like to track multiple fingers and create an interpolation point
for each finger.

cheers,

Nils

On 11-01-23 7:46 PM, adrian.g wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I finally decided to make my granular modules public. I was planning to do
> it much earlier but I always had something in mind, which I wanted to change
> or implement before showing it to people. This combined with the lack of
> time (uni + son) made it take few months longer then I thought. There are
> still some (many :-) feature I would like to add but I think that the
> general design will not change much.

> you can read more about the patches and see some screen-shots on my website:
> http://www.audibledata.com/Software.html
>
> download page:
> http://www.audibledata.com/Download.html
>
> I am planning to upload it to github as UserLib as soon as I find some free
> time (for now I am busy hunting for a PhD ;-)
>
> I also made two videos:
>
> first one is a demo of preset interpolation with a graphical ui widget I
> created (the preset mixpad I posted on the forum some time ago):
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r00LKvWIV9E
>
> and the second one is a tutorial roughly describing how the modules work:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB0PWAtdjK8
>
> I also have two examples of how I use the software in my compositions:
>
> The first one is a piece for an electronic drum-kit and an early version of
> the modules (it was performed in Aldeburgh and London last November).
> description of the piece on my website:
> http://www.audibledata.com/Music/Entries/2010/11/13_Unitas_Multiplex_for_electronic_drum-kit%2C_Max_Msp_and_a_multichannel_diffusion_system_%285%29.html
> On this page you can download an audio file containing a stereo down-mix of
> a recording we made during a rehearsal (during the concerts the piece was
> performed through an ambisonic system).
>
> And the second is an ocophonic piece which I composed mainly using my
> granular modules (and some spatialisation modules):
> http://www.audibledata.com/Music/Entries/2011/1/13_Surr...realism_%28for_octophonic_sound_diffusion_system%29_%2810%29.html
> You can download only a 3 min fragment of the piece since the rest didn't
> down-mix nicely into stereo and I didn't have time to work on a proper
> stereo version (its probably pointless anyway :-)
>
> I hope you'll like what you see\hear and I would be very happy to receive
> some feedback (both for programming and music). Constructive criticism
> welcome :-)
>
> Thank you all guys for all the hard work on developing Jamoma! (can't wait
> for the NodeLib :-)
>
> Btw. sorry for the non-orthodox patching style, I'll try to do better in the
> feature ;-)
>
> best wishes
>
> --
> Adrian Gierakowski

Re: collection of jamoma modules for granular sound processing written using FTM/Gabor

adrian.g
Administrator
Hi Nils

could your preset interpolator be controlled by a trackpad too (e.g.,
using Marlon's jmod.fingerpinger ?

yes I actually use it this way. You can control the position of the interpolation point with a

/position/xy 0 0 (int int)

the coordinates are like on the lcd object (the pad is made with the lcd): top left corner 0 0, and the other corners depend on the size of the pad in pixels (which also means that the resolution of the pad is limited by its size, I will probably change that in the near future so that if you control it externally it would bypass this limitation).

I would like to track multiple fingers and create an interpolation point
for each finger.

you can't do it with one mixpad but you can always use two side by side, each one controlling its own control module (you can connect multiple control modules to one engine). You could theoretically concatenate the two /mix/mixmessage from the two mixpads and send the result to one control module, which would couse it to interpolate 8 presets at the same time. I think Diemos interpolation should be able to handle it :)

hope that helps!

best

Adrian

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 6:54 PM, Nils Peters <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> You can download only a 3 min fragment of the piece since the rest didn't
> down-mix nicely into stereo and I didn't have time to work on a proper
> stereo version (its probably pointless anyway :-)
>
> I hope you'll like what you see\hear and I would be very happy to receive
> some feedback (both for programming and music). Constructive criticism
> welcome :-)
>
> Thank you all guys for all the hard work on developing Jamoma! (can't wait
> for the NodeLib :-)
>
> Btw. sorry for the non-orthodox patching style, I'll try to do better in the
> feature ;-)
>
> best wishes
>
> --
> Adrian Gierakowski

Adrian Gierakowski

Re: collection of jamoma modules for granular sound processing written using FTM/Gabor

I just noticed that you asked for multiple points and I assumed that you wanted two. What I said applies to more then two point of course.

cheers

adrian

Hi Nils

Adrian Gierakowski