appveyor question

tap

appveyor question

tap
I just did a merge of master into a branch that I'm hoping to get cleaned-up.  The Travis build was a success (good) but I don't understand the appveyor result:

It says the build was "cancelled by user".  I didn't cancel it.  Looking at the output it doesn't look like it threw a failure.  Maybe I offended it in some other way?

Thanks for any insight!

Re: appveyor question

Antoine Villeret
Hi Tim,

Sorry I may have cancelled it by mistake.
I restart it just now.

Please note that upload is not working yet due to some Windows devil.
But should we upload binary from other branch than master ?
And if yes, where ?

For now, Travis uploads only master build and appveyor should upload everything (which is inconsistency, blame me) but nothing.

Cheers

Antoine

--
do it yourself
http://antoine.villeret.free.fr

I just did a merge of master into a branch that I'm hoping to get cleaned-up.  The Travis build was a success (good) but I don't understand the appveyor result:

It says the build was "cancelled by user".  I didn't cancel it.  Looking at the output it doesn't look like it threw a failure.  Maybe I offended it in some other way?

Thanks for any insight!

tap

Re: appveyor question

tap
Thanks, Antoine.

I have to admit that I don't know how AppVeyor is supposed to work, so I'm asking because I simply don't know...  I appreciate the explanation.

I think uploads of master is plenty -- we don't have a need for branches to be uploaded.

In this case I was hoping that it could confirm I didn't break anything on Windows before merging.  I just wasn't sure what was going on and thought maybe I needed to do something differently.  But maybe not...

Tim

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 9:50 AM, Antoine Villeret <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I think you didn't break the build since Appveyor build successful after your merge.
But please note two things :
- you can always skip a build (both on Appveyor and Travis-CI) by adding [ci ckip] to your commit message, this avoid to overflow the build queue when we just fix a typo or improve a Readme.md file.
- Appveyor is very slow then I choose to activate the rolling builds, this means, it will always build with the latest commit. And if someone commit while a build is in progress it may be cancelled to start a new one. Thus we also avoid to upload too many builds to the Bek server.

Of course those choices are personnal and could be discussed / changed.

Cheers

Antoine

[...]

tap

Re: appveyor question

tap
Good to know about [ci skip].  The setting for Appveyor sounds sensible too (in most cases).

I noticed in a build attempt today that failed because the build was taking too long.  Not sure what we can do about that.  The JamomaCore repo itself takes long time to clone due to its bloated history, but it's not clear that doing something about this will really fix the problem...

Tim

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 12:44 PM, Antoine Villeret <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

To speed up cloning I set the clone depth of the master repo to 1.
And I changed the depth of submodule to 1 in Appveyor (I don't known if this is feasable in Travis).

Concerning the timed-out build, this is due to the recent deployment server change.
Appveyor is waiting for thor.bek.no finger print approval until the build reach a timeout...

I'll try to fix this using another way to push.