View on one computer, model on another

Ricardo
Hi,
Im trying to control my models form another computer running the corresponding views. Having trouble understanding how  the views will bind to the models on the other computer. Is there any examples i could look at?

Re: View on one computer, model on another

Pascal Baltazar-5
Hi Ricardo,

look at the bottom of j.modular.maxhelp

best

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

jln

Re: View on one computer, model on another

jln

The maxhelp of j.modular is arguably harmful, so I attach two example paches (hopefully) summing things up.

NB: I set up j.modulars to use my local ip (running each patch on a different Max version). So be sure to update the ‘protocol/setup ip’ messages with your correct ips.

hth…

Best,
Julien

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 10:32 PM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Ricardo,

look at the bottom of j.modular.maxhelp

best

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

> Le 4 sept. 2015 à 21:21, Ricardo <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
> Im trying to control my models form another computer running the
> corresponding views. Having trouble understanding how the views will bind
> to the models on the other computer. Is there any examples i could look at?

myModels.maxpat (15K) Download Attachment
remotesViews.maxpat (14K) Download Attachment
jln

Re: View on one computer, model on another

jln
Administrator
Actually, these can be simplified as is (see atached patches).

Best,
Julien

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 10:55 PM, Julien Rabin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

The maxhelp of j.modular is arguably harmful, so I attach two example paches (hopefully) summing things up.

NB: I set up j.modulars to use my local ip (running each patch on a different Max version). So be sure to update the ‘protocol/setup ip’ messages with your correct ips.

hth…

Best,
Julien

On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 10:32 PM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Ricardo,

look at the bottom of j.modular.maxhelp

best

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

> Le 4 sept. 2015 à 21:21, Ricardo <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
> Im trying to control my models form another computer running the
> corresponding views. Having trouble understanding how the views will bind
> to the models on the other computer. Is there any examples i could look at?

<mailbox-attach src="mailbox://attachment_download/70D9AAC0-8954-455E-8845-A1D2728ABDAB/B4F217E9-80AF-4A54-9375-B04D0D8D28FC/2" filename="myModels.maxpat" mime="application/octet-stream" size="11603"><myModels.maxpat><mailbox-attach src="mailbox://attachment_download/70D9AAC0-8954-455E-8845-A1D2728ABDAB/B4F217E9-80AF-4A54-9375-B04D0D8D28FC/3" filename="remotesViews.maxpat" mime="application/octet-stream" size="10765"><remotesViews.maxpat>

Ricardo
Thanks guys! This was helpful

Re: View on one computer, model on another

Ricardo
Hi Julien,

I have tried your patches and I'm still not getting this to work. I updated the IP, verified it with udpsend and receive, but I'm still not able to get the view and model to talk to each-other. What Am I missing?

I did my test over a stable wifi, maybe this is not supported? only LAN?
Only thing that happened on both computers was when I added the command namespace/mirror.
Then I got the attached message on both computers.