ViMiC for ambisonic encoding

Hi Nils,

I'm currently in the processing of rendering sound documentation from the Londinium theatre work as 1st order B-format, for decoding to binaural, stereo and 5.1.

I'm using ViMiC, positioning sources at the locations of each of the speakers, and then using the ViMiC Bformat preset for mic configurations. In the process I discovered that the orientation of the x and y mics where not correct, so I have adjusted accordingly and pushed changes to the preset files.

I now have it verified that it works properly with ICST anbidecode~ as well as the Harpex plugin.

But the process of doing this also made me think that it could potentially be interesting to extend the directivity patterns of mics to cater for higher order ambisonics channels. Just a though….

Cheers,
Trond

…and no @apple, I'm talking about mics, not mice…. #spellchecking&%$&#W!!!!!!!!!!

Re: ViMiC for ambisonic encoding

adrian.g
Administrator
hi Trond,

But the process of doing this also made me think that it could potentially be interesting to extend the directivity patterns of mics to cater for higher order ambisonics channels. Just a though….

+1 :)

best

adrian

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Trond Lossius [via Jamoma Forums/Mailing lists] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

To start a new topic under Jamoma Development, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Jamoma Development, click here.
NAML

Adrian Gierakowski

Re: ViMiC for ambisonic encoding

Nils Peters
Hi Trond,

thank you for correcting the B-format preset!
Yes, I was thinking of adding higher order microphones as well, but I
didn't have the time to implement it properly.
I added this as a feature request to
http://redmine.jamoma.org/projects/vimic/issues

cheers,

Nils

P.S. looks like apple never heard of mics and men ;)