The march of progress, according to Apple -- dropping support for OS 0.5

The march of progress, according to Apple -- dropping support for OS 0.5

Timothy Place-2
During a Skype session today, the topic arose regarding Jamoma and support for OS 10.5.

Apple has released Xcode 4.  You cannot build Jamoma with Xcode 4 unless we drop OS 10.5 support.  For now, we are continuing to build with Xcode 3, but...

Apple has announced that OS 10.7 will ship in the next couple of months.  Xcode 4 will be needed to compile on 10.7.

Given these conditions, the least painful path forward for collective Jamoma development is to drop support for OS 10.5 at the time when OS 10.7 is released.  That is this summer, and coincides with our plans for Jamoma 0.6.

Oblique Strategy: "Voice your suspicions"

best,