TTInput questions

tap

TTInput questions

tap
Hi -- I have some questions primarily for Théo...

I'm looking at TTInput.h and:

1.  wondering why audio stuff (like mSignalIn) are here instead of in TTInputAudio.h.  I feel like you explained this to me before but I can't find any notes about it.

2.  the comment for mSignalIn says "any data structure to receive complex signal".  I'm not certain I know what that means.  Can this be something other than a TTAudioSignal?  Do we have examples of those other things?

Thanks for the help,

Re: TTInput questions

Théo de la Hogue-2
Hi Tim,
sorry for the delay about those questions.

Le 28 nov. 2014 à 20:30, Timothy Place <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi -- I have some questions primarily for Théo...

I'm looking at TTInput.h and:

1.  wondering why audio stuff (like mSignalIn) are here instead of in TTInputAudio.h.  I feel like you explained this to me before but I can't find any notes about it.

2.  the comment for mSignalIn says "any data structure to receive complex signal".  I'm not certain I know what that means.  Can this be something other than a TTAudioSignal?  Do we have examples of those other things?

I would says the answer to the question 1. is into the question 2. :-)
The idea was to consider TTInput as a generic class to declare any kind of signals (audio, video, data, ...) so mSignalIn is a TTObject because maybe in the future we could have TTObject to handle video signal (the same for mSignalOut). It is also the case for mMixUnit and mGainUnit : we could expect to have some video specific unit to do this ...

But concerning mSignalTemp and mSignalZero they are maybe very private to the audio case actually.
Not sure if this kind of thing would be necessary for other kind of signal.

Anyway feel free to change the way things works here as there is only the audio example (as none audio j.in and j.out doesn't use the those members)

Thanks for the help,