Still struggling with Minuit in Max

I’m unfortunately still completely stuck when it comes to being able to get i-score to communicate with Max using Minuit at my laptop. It seems to be a problem with j.modular and network communication in Max/Jamoma at my laptop rather than with i-score itself. I though I had a workaround using the Jamoma nightly build rather than objects that I compile myself, but today that won’t work either.

I’m quite dependent on getting this to work on my own laptop rather than on some other mac borrowed while at SCRIME, in roder to continue working when I get back to Bergen. I’m off for lunch now, but could someone please help me getting this sorted out later today? It’s at the point where it’s starting to jeopardize the very purpose for my residency here at SCRIME.

Re: Still struggling with Minuit in Max

Théo de la Hogue-2
Hi Trond,
I’m available on Skype to look at it.

> Le 10 sept. 2015 à 12:56, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> I’m unfortunately still completely stuck when it comes to being able to get i-score to communicate with Max using Minuit at my laptop. It seems to be a problem with j.modular and network communication in Max/Jamoma at my laptop rather than with i-score itself. I though I had a workaround using the Jamoma nightly build rather than objects that I compile myself, but today that won’t work either.
>
> I’m quite dependent on getting this to work on my own laptop rather than on some other mac borrowed while at SCRIME, in roder to continue working when I get back to Bergen. I’m off for lunch now, but could someone please help me getting this sorted out later today? It’s at the point where it’s starting to jeopardize the very purpose for my residency here at SCRIME.
>
> Thanks,

Re: [I-score-devs] Still struggling with Minuit in Max

jcelerier
Hello,

I am working on a patch in JamomaCore that would skip loading extensions that were not built from the exact same commit than the Jamoma dylib is from.
Maybe this will prevent this from happening.

I'll send a pr to github this afternoon.

-------
Jean-Michaël Celerier

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Théo de la Hogue <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Trond,
I’m available on Skype to look at it.

> Le 10 sept. 2015 à 12:56, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> I’m unfortunately still completely stuck when it comes to being able to get i-score to communicate with Max using Minuit at my laptop. It seems to be a problem with j.modular and network communication in Max/Jamoma at my laptop rather than with i-score itself. I though I had a workaround using the Jamoma nightly build rather than objects that I compile myself, but today that won’t work either.
>
> I’m quite dependent on getting this to work on my own laptop rather than on some other mac borrowed while at SCRIME, in roder to continue working when I get back to Bergen. I’m off for lunch now, but could someone please help me getting this sorted out later today? It’s at the point where it’s starting to jeopardize the very purpose for my residency here at SCRIME.
>
> Thanks,

Re: [I-score-devs] Still struggling with Minuit in Max

Théo de la Hogue-2
Hi all,
I don’t know if someone have the skill to help us but on Trond’s machine an exception is raised when it try to run the socket listing (the socket is correctly opened).

we use oscpack library and the problem appears in UdpSocket.cpp in the Run() method (a runtime_error is raised at line 475: « select failed »).

as I’m not able to understand this code I can’t help Trond further so any help would be appreciated.

Le 10 sept. 2015 à 15:30, Jean-Michaël Celerier <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hello,

I am working on a patch in JamomaCore that would skip loading extensions that were not built from the exact same commit than the Jamoma dylib is from.
Maybe this will prevent this from happening.

I'll send a pr to github this afternoon.

-------
Jean-Michaël Celerier

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Théo de la Hogue <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Trond,
I’m available on Skype to look at it.

> Le 10 sept. 2015 à 12:56, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> I’m unfortunately still completely stuck when it comes to being able to get i-score to communicate with Max using Minuit at my laptop. It seems to be a problem with j.modular and network communication in Max/Jamoma at my laptop rather than with i-score itself. I though I had a workaround using the Jamoma nightly build rather than objects that I compile myself, but today that won’t work either.
>
> I’m quite dependent on getting this to work on my own laptop rather than on some other mac borrowed while at SCRIME, in roder to continue working when I get back to Bergen. I’m off for lunch now, but could someone please help me getting this sorted out later today? It’s at the point where it’s starting to jeopardize the very purpose for my residency here at SCRIME.
>
> Thanks,

Re: [I-score-devs] Still struggling with Minuit in Max

jcelerier
The easiest way to debug would be to add a std::cerr << strerror(errno) << "\n"; before the throw (or put it in the throw, anywhere where we could see it). This should give an error string describing the actual problem happening.

-------
Jean-Michaël Celerier

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 5:49 PM, Théo de la Hogue <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,
I don’t know if someone have the skill to help us but on Trond’s machine an exception is raised when it try to run the socket listing (the socket is correctly opened).

we use oscpack library and the problem appears in UdpSocket.cpp in the Run() method (a runtime_error is raised at line 475: « select failed »).

as I’m not able to understand this code I can’t help Trond further so any help would be appreciated.

Le 10 sept. 2015 à 15:30, Jean-Michaël Celerier <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hello,

I am working on a patch in JamomaCore that would skip loading extensions that were not built from the exact same commit than the Jamoma dylib is from.
Maybe this will prevent this from happening.

I'll send a pr to github this afternoon.

-------
Jean-Michaël Celerier

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Théo de la Hogue <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Trond,
I’m available on Skype to look at it.

> Le 10 sept. 2015 à 12:56, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> I’m unfortunately still completely stuck when it comes to being able to get i-score to communicate with Max using Minuit at my laptop. It seems to be a problem with j.modular and network communication in Max/Jamoma at my laptop rather than with i-score itself. I though I had a workaround using the Jamoma nightly build rather than objects that I compile myself, but today that won’t work either.
>
> I’m quite dependent on getting this to work on my own laptop rather than on some other mac borrowed while at SCRIME, in roder to continue working when I get back to Bergen. I’m off for lunch now, but could someone please help me getting this sorted out later today? It’s at the point where it’s starting to jeopardize the very purpose for my residency here at SCRIME.
>
> Thanks,

Re: [I-score-devs] Still struggling with Minuit in Max

Théo de la Hogue-2

Le 10 sept. 2015 à 17:49, Théo de la Hogue <[hidden email]> a écrit :

run the socket listing
run the socket listening !

Re: [I-score-devs] Still struggling with Minuit in Max

We managed to figure this out in the end yesterday. Big thanks to Theo for being so patient and sit with me on Skype for hours at an end. It turned out to be caused by at least two parallel problems:

- If i-score and Jamoma 0.5.7 are both installed, we have problems. I’ve reported this to the i-score repository here: https://github.com/OSSIA/i-score/issues/27
- Additionally it turned out that the Max search path on my laptop was become completely corrupted when I deleted the Jamoma Umbrella repository and instead went with Cmake. In the end I had to manually rebuild the Max database. For the record, the trick for doing so is:

<pre><code>
----------begin_max5_patcher----------
234.3ocSPEsaCBCC74juhH+LCALFaZ6SYqZJ.VcoBRPINUTU0+8Qb.s8hsty
m8Y66RAz6Vw.ndW8oRHtKEBlJQH1wBXVuNLoCrLXFCA8YDJx0HbkX9O9xuoS
M1W5w.RG0mLVbvEsrnlcRab1XmPJ7exEMM7iwd9aONP4MpstqrpPU21jRuUk
hO+RYk5zdOlQ1aW+kmZf+FtKRGSudmMP2lPV7gtrH51BlMC.0oTkGRYJvd.5
kkqnOXbV9kjdHauiKNeB9ZACM1Lrhgd7p4PeGyn8a2EscTQedCV6ZgbqtQza
iFdQkImeH+0ckAVv
-----------end_max5_patcher-----------
</code></pre>