State of modules in 0.6

Pascal Baltazar-5
Hi again !

I just checked the data modules in 0.6, and to my great surprise, they all seem to work !!!
Audio, video and GL modules should be OK, too...

So, that means two things :

1. AFAIK, only the spatialisation modules are keeping us from releasing 0.6, so maybe they shouldn’t be included in the first version ?

2. It’s not really useful anymore to ask Eugene and other users to port modules to 0.6… (except maybe the deprecated ones, but for most of them, they need to be redesigned, or even replaced…)
I still think it would be great to involve them… but maybe rather on reviewing and testing modules, and possibly contributing to documenting them (and also help patchers for modules and components…) ?
Maybe some help on improving the look of current patchers (based on the “Livification” of the views Trond did on the audio modules…)

What do you guys think ?

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

Re: State of modules in 0.6

Renaud Rubiano
Le soft qui a libpd intégré : Intégra live
Mais c'est plus sur les process effectivement.

> Le 22 déc. 2014 à 18:45, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi again !
>
> I just checked the data modules in 0.6, and to my great surprise, they all seem to work !!!
> Audio, video and GL modules should be OK, too...
>
> So, that means two things :
>
> 1. AFAIK, only the spatialisation modules are keeping us from releasing 0.6, so maybe they shouldn’t be included in the first version ?
>
> 2. It’s not really useful anymore to ask Eugene and other users to port modules to 0.6… (except maybe the deprecated ones, but for most of them, they need to be redesigned, or even replaced…)
> I still think it would be great to involve them… but maybe rather on reviewing and testing modules, and possibly contributing to documenting them (and also help patchers for modules and components…) ?
> Maybe some help on improving the look of current patchers (based on the “Livification” of the views Trond did on the audio modules…)
>
> What do you guys think ?
>
> Best,

> Pascal Baltazar
> [hidden email]
> http://www.baltazars.org

Re: State of modules in 0.6

Renaud Rubiano
wrong mail… sorry for the noise

Le 22 déc. 2014 à 19:30, Renaud Rubiano <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Le soft qui a libpd intégré : Intégra live
Mais c'est plus sur les process effectivement.

Re: State of modules in 0.6

Nathan Wolek-2
+1

On Dec 22, 2014, at 12:45 PM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:

1. AFAIK, only the spatialisation modules are keeping us from releasing 0.6, so maybe they shouldn’t be included in the first version ?

Re: State of modules in 0.6

I guess this is the more agile approach, so I’m fine with this.

Before going beta I’d suggest that rather than creating ruby scripts to shuffle files and folders around at the end of the build process in order to make a minimal distort and a bistro of moduls, the JamomaMax repo itself should be restructured.

Should we hold off doing that until the cake branch has been merged back in?

> On 23 Dec 2014, at 15:53, Nathan Wolek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1
>
>> On Dec 22, 2014, at 12:45 PM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> 1. AFAIK, only the spatialisation modules are keeping us from releasing 0.6, so maybe they shouldn’t be included in the first version ?

Re: State of modules in 0.6

Antoine Villeret
hi,

If the repo should be restructured, since it will introduce several change in the build system, I think it's time to fix the CMake build system and to switch to it.
What do you think ?

+

do it yourself
http://antoine.villeret.free.fr

I guess this is the more agile approach, so I’m fine with this.

Before going beta I’d suggest that rather than creating ruby scripts to shuffle files and folders around at the end of the build process in order to make a minimal distort and a bistro of moduls, the JamomaMax repo itself should be restructured.

Should we hold off doing that until the cake branch has been merged back in?

> On 23 Dec 2014, at 15:53, Nathan Wolek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1
>
>> On Dec 22, 2014, at 12:45 PM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> 1. AFAIK, only the spatialisation modules are keeping us from releasing 0.6, so maybe they shouldn’t be included in the first version ?

Re: State of modules in 0.6

Nathan Wolek-2
Some fun autocorrect fails in here. Assuming that you mean:
minimal distort = minimal distro
bistro = distro
cake branch = cmake branch

:)
-NW

On Dec 26, 2014, at 12:53 PM, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I guess this is the more agile approach, so I’m fine with this.

Before going beta I’d suggest that rather than creating ruby scripts to shuffle files and folders around at the end of the build process in order to make a minimal distort and a bistro of moduls, the JamomaMax repo itself should be restructured.

Should we hold off doing that until the cake branch has been merged back in?

Re: State of modules in 0.6

Timothy Place
Seems like it needs to be done sooner rather than later.  +1

Tim

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 12:49 PM, Antoine Villeret <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi,

If the repo should be restructured, since it will introduce several change in the build system, I think it's time to fix the CMake build system and to switch to it.
What do you think ?

+

do it yourself
http://antoine.villeret.free.fr

I guess this is the more agile approach, so I’m fine with this.

Before going beta I’d suggest that rather than creating ruby scripts to shuffle files and folders around at the end of the build process in order to make a minimal distort and a bistro of moduls, the JamomaMax repo itself should be restructured.

Should we hold off doing that until the cake branch has been merged back in?

> On 23 Dec 2014, at 15:53, Nathan Wolek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1
>
>> On Dec 22, 2014, at 12:45 PM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> 1. AFAIK, only the spatialisation modules are keeping us from releasing 0.6, so maybe they shouldn’t be included in the first version ?

Re: State of modules in 0.6

Pascal Baltazar-5
don’t you think that will distort your perception of the code ?
though, if that’s a minimal distort, that shouldn’t do too much harm…. to the cake at least

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org