Some advice? I'm new to Jamoma

Toni Olivier
Hi there

I’m new to Jamoma and looking for some help with a couple of questions.  I’m using Max 5.19 and Jamoma Jamoma 0.5.6-b7.

I’ve been looking at some examples and playing with video modules, but I can’t get many of them to work “out of the box” -  all the patchers or help files will not play video unless I add a metro object. (jmod.sonifyer~.maxhelp for example). Is there something I’m missing?

I downloaded all the user library modules and samples but I’m not able to find what I’m looking for - any advice would be appreciated:

I’m looking for a motion detection example which will allow me to send messages via MIDI or OSC to Live, using the movements tracked by the camera.  I’m not sure if Jamoma is the right starting point for this?  I used to use cv.jit many years ago.

I’ve also looked into Synapse for Kinect, but I was hoping to use a built-in or USB camera for motion detection.

Thanks!

Re: Some advice? I'm new to Jamoma

Hi Toni,

Sorry for the late reply, I’m just back from some weeks of vacation.

Many modules in Jamoma 0.5.7 unfortunately have their default presets configured so that a lot of clicking is required to get all the modules operating and processing (e.g. gain set to 0, being muted, etc.). For 0.6 we are trying to make the presets more user-friendly, so that modules can be plug-and- play more instantly.

I’ve made a screencast with the steps needed for mew to get the jmod.sonifyer~ help patch working. I hope this helps!

https://vimeo.com/103316395

On 28 Jul 2014, at 19:14, Toni Olivier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I’m new to Jamoma and looking for some help with a couple of questions.  I’m using Max 5.19 and Jamoma Jamoma 0.5.6-b7.
>
> I’ve been looking at some examples and playing with video modules, but I can’t get many of them to work “out of the box” -  all the patchers or help files will not play video unless I add a metro object. (jmod.sonifyer~.maxhelp for example). Is there something I’m missing?
>
> I downloaded all the user library modules and samples but I’m not able to find what I’m looking for - any advice would be appreciated:
>
> I’m looking for a motion detection example which will allow me to send messages via MIDI or OSC to Live, using the movements tracked by the camera.  I’m not sure if Jamoma is the right starting point for this?  I used to use cv.jit many years ago.
>
> I’ve also looked into Synapse for Kinect, but I was hoping to use a built-in or USB camera for motion detection.
>
> Thanks!

Re: Some advice? I'm new to Jamoma

Hans Mittendorf
Hi Jamona users,

just a thought, is there any development for ‘Jamona for live’

best

Hans

On 13 Aug 2014, at 11:13, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Pascal Baltazar-5
Hi Hans,

What would you expect from Jamoma for Live ?

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

On 13 Aug 2014, at 12:29, Hans Mittendorf <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Pascal,

to do wonders..

I have just bought Live and MfL.

I will come back on this as soon as I have worked with live

Thanks for your reply

Hans