Schedule for upcoming development workshop at BEK

12

Schedule for upcoming development workshop at BEK

me, Tim, Nils and Julien hooked up on Skype this evening to discuss the schedule for the upcoming workshop in Bergen. As Alexander and Laurent are not able to participate for all of the week, we have tried setting the schedule so that you get to participate in the discussions that might interest you the most. Laurent, Julien thought that you might be arriving in Bergen on the Sunday and stay for the first three days of the workshop. Is this correct? If not, we should adjust the schedule according to your interests as far as possible.

The schedule is available at redmine, and I have also attached it at the end of the mail. If there is something missing, or something that should be shuffled around, please let us know. Of course we are free to prioritize on the fly during the workshop as well, we should just make sure that we get through the more important discussions with all key participants present.

Tentative Schedule

Monday Jan 31

Laurent? Trond might be away parts of the day, taking down an installation at Bergen Art Museum

  • Jamoma Modular
    • MVC implementation
    • Everything_about_Modular_06
    • MVC

Tuesday Feb 1

Alexander, Laurent?

  • Dataspace Lib: specification, discussion, feedback
    • Issue #566 - jcom.dataspace: Support for lists
    • Issue #402 - finish to move dataspaceLib to Foundation
    • see specification in publication repository
  • Integration between Jamoma and FTM & co
    • Jamoma Graph (passes Dictionary types)

Wednesday Feb 2

Alexander, Laurent?

  • Testing
    • Creating more tests: State of the test development
    • How can we do automated testing for audio and graphic externals ?
  • Continued discussions:
    • Integration between Jamoma and FTM & co (continued)
    • DataspaceLib wrap-up
    • MVC wrap-up?

Thursday Feb 3

  • Jamoma Audio Graph
    • Issue #578 - AudioGraph with multiple sinks process multiple times
    • Avoiding graphs from processing multiple times
    • Parallelization
    • What Classes do we need next?

Friday Feb 4

Nils' plane leaves at 16.20

  • Jamoma DSP
    • Spatialisation Lib?
      • Is there a specification yet?

Dinner Topics

  • Publications
  • Funding development (Kickstarter)
  • Next workshop
  • Websites
  • Marketing of Jamoma

Re: Schedule for upcoming development workshop at BEK

laurentg
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Schedule for upcoming development workshop at BEK

Théo de la Hogue
Hi,

any schedule would be fine for me. Just to say that I will fill the Modular topics soon as possible
to optimized the time we'll have about it. About DataspaceLib topics it would be important to look
at the changes I did on Modular 0.6 branch (now it uses TTValue and maybe this have introduced
 some bugs).

Le 11 janv. 11 à 21:30, Laurent Garnier a écrit :

HI

Yes it's correct I have to leave you wednesday but early in the morning, so I will participate only monday and tuesday.
My work is concentrated on Modular, so according to Alexander and all of you, maybe we could talk about it (including Modular tests) on monday, time you will be with us Trond, and a tuesday part if we would need.

Thx
Best
Laurent

Le 11/01/2011 20:56, Trond Lossius a écrit :
Hi,.

[...]

Hi Laurent,

we will shuffle the test topic around as you suggest. I'll do my very best to be present as much as possible during Monday.

Cheers,
Trond

On Jan 11, 2011, at 9:30 PM, Laurent Garnier wrote:

> [...]
>> • Integration between Jamoma and FTM & co (continued)
>> • DataspaceLib wrap-up
>> • MVC wrap-up?
>> Thursday Feb 3
>> • Jamoma Audio Graph
>> • Issue #578 - AudioGraph with multiple sinks process multiple times
>> • Avoiding graphs from processing multiple times
>> • Parallelization
>> • What Classes do we need next?
>> Friday Feb 4
>> Nils' plane leaves at 16.20
>>
>> • Jamoma DSP
>> • Spatialisation Lib?
>> • Is there a specification yet?
>> Dinner Topics
>> • Publications
>> • Funding development (Kickstarter)
>> • Next workshop
>> • Websites
>> • Marketing of Jamoma

Re: Schedule for upcoming development workshop at BEK

Timothy Place
One thing not currently on the agenda is any discussion about JamomaGraphics.

best,
  Tim

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 7:30 AM, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>>              • Integration between Jamoma and FTM & co (continued)
>>              • DataspaceLib wrap-up
>>              • MVC wrap-up?
>> Thursday Feb 3
>>      • Jamoma Audio Graph
>>              • Issue #578 - AudioGraph with multiple sinks process multiple times
>>              • Avoiding graphs from processing multiple times
>>              • Parallelization
>>              • What Classes do we need next?
>> Friday Feb 4
>> Nils' plane leaves at 16.20
>>
>>      • Jamoma DSP
>>              • Spatialisation Lib?
>>                      • Is there a specification yet?
>> Dinner Topics
>>      • Publications
>>      • Funding development (Kickstarter)
>>      • Next workshop
>>      • Websites
>>      • Marketing of Jamoma

Re: Schedule for upcoming development workshop at BEK

Yes,

that occurred to me as well today. I guess we should fit that in one of the last two days?

On Jan 14, 2011, at 11:04 PM, Timothy Place wrote:

> [...]
> >>              • Integration between Jamoma and FTM & co (continued)
> >>              • DataspaceLib wrap-up
> >>              • MVC wrap-up?
> >> Thursday Feb 3
> >>      • Jamoma Audio Graph
> >>              • Issue #578 - AudioGraph with multiple sinks process multiple times
> >>              • Avoiding graphs from processing multiple times
> >>              • Parallelization
> >>              • What Classes do we need next?
> >> Friday Feb 4
> >> Nils' plane leaves at 16.20
> >>
> >>      • Jamoma DSP
> >>              • Spatialisation Lib?
> >>                      • Is there a specification yet?
> >> Dinner Topics
> >>      • Publications
> >>      • Funding development (Kickstarter)
> >>      • Next workshop
> >>      • Websites
> >>      • Marketing of Jamoma

Re: Schedule for upcoming development workshop at BEK

Timothy Place-2
I think that would be good.

In thinking about the density of topics we currently have, I would like to propose that each session/topic begins with a more formal presentation (with Keynote slides, preparation, etc.).

For example, the NodeLib, it's structure, how it works, what it does, why things are a certain way, can be presented by Théo.  Slides with graphics made in advance in Omni-Graffle will help us all to get up to speed more quickly than an informal conversation.  Then we have common basis for beginning an intelligent discussion.

Jamoma Graphics is an area where the obvious presenter will need to be me.   In this case my "formal" presentation probably doesn't need to be more than 10 minutes.  The NodeLib on the other hand would probably take at least 30 minutes, maybe more, I don't know...

Any thoughts on this?

best,
  Tim

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 1:07 PM, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> >>              • Integration between Jamoma and FTM & co (continued)
> >>              • DataspaceLib wrap-up
> >>              • MVC wrap-up?
> >> Thursday Feb 3
> >>      • Jamoma Audio Graph
> >>              • Issue #578 - AudioGraph with multiple sinks process multiple times
> >>              • Avoiding graphs from processing multiple times
> >>              • Parallelization
> >>              • What Classes do we need next?
> >> Friday Feb 4
> >> Nils' plane leaves at 16.20
> >>
> >>      • Jamoma DSP
> >>              • Spatialisation Lib?
> >>                      • Is there a specification yet?
> >> Dinner Topics
> >>      • Publications
> >>      • Funding development (Kickstarter)
> >>      • Next workshop
> >>      • Websites
> >>      • Marketing of Jamoma

Re: Schedule for upcoming development workshop at BEK

Nils Peters
On 11-01-15 12:06 PM, Timothy Place wrote:
> I think that would be good.
>
> In thinking about the density of topics we currently have, I would like
> to propose that each session/topic begins with a more formal
> presentation (with Keynote slides, preparation, etc.).

I like the idea of a 10 minute presentation very much. I could do the
presentation on Unit testing for Monday afternoon.

best,

Nils

Re: Schedule for upcoming development workshop at BEK

Théo de la Hogue
Hi all,

totally agree with this. I have already made some slides about Nodelib and Modular 0.6 C++ framework and I will prepare an overview of the changes in Max in order to focus us on the
questions / choices / todo we have to discuss. I guess a lot of other questions will appear in a second time.

Due to my slow english speaking, I plan to spend around 10 min about C++ framework...
maybe a little more... then I would like to take few time to answer questions before the next topic :
the Max changes would certainly spend more around 15 min...

Best

Le 15 janv. 11 à 21:06, Timothy Place a écrit :

> [...]

> >>              • Integration between Jamoma and FTM & co (continued)
> >>              • DataspaceLib wrap-up
> >>              • MVC wrap-up?
> >> Thursday Feb 3
> >>      • Jamoma Audio Graph
> >>              • Issue #578 - AudioGraph with multiple sinks process multiple times
> >>              • Avoiding graphs from processing multiple times
> >>              • Parallelization
> >>              • What Classes do we need next?
> >> Friday Feb 4
> >> Nils' plane leaves at 16.20
> >>
> >>      • Jamoma DSP
> >>              • Spatialisation Lib?
> >>                      • Is there a specification yet?
> >> Dinner Topics
> >>      • Publications
> >>      • Funding development (Kickstarter)
> >>      • Next workshop
> >>      • Websites
> >>      • Marketing of Jamoma

Re: Schedule for upcoming development workshop at BEK

I'd like to further propose that we video record these presentations a post them to YouTube.  Any thoughts?

best,
  Tim

2011/1/16 Théo de la Hogue <[hidden email]>
> [...]

> >>              • Integration between Jamoma and FTM & co (continued)
> >>              • DataspaceLib wrap-up
> >>              • MVC wrap-up?
> >> Thursday Feb 3
> >>      • Jamoma Audio Graph
> >>              • Issue #578 - AudioGraph with multiple sinks process multiple times
> >>              • Avoiding graphs from processing multiple times
> >>              • Parallelization
> >>              • What Classes do we need next?
> >> Friday Feb 4
> >> Nils' plane leaves at 16.20
> >>
> >>      • Jamoma DSP
> >>              • Spatialisation Lib?
> >>                      • Is there a specification yet?
> >> Dinner Topics
> >>      • Publications
> >>      • Funding development (Kickstarter)
> >>      • Next workshop
> >>      • Websites
> >>      • Marketing of Jamoma

Re: Schedule for upcoming development workshop at BEK

Except for preferring vimeo to youtube, I agree.

Is there any particular technical equipmen that will be needed for the workshop  (speakers, microphones, the sound studio, midi controllers, etc)? Thee is quite a bit of pressure at fascilities and equipment these days, so we should mae sure we book in advance. We will need a projector for sure.

Sent from my iPad

On 18. jan. 2011, at 04:16, Timothy Place <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

> >>              • Integration between Jamoma and FTM & co (continued)
> >>              • DataspaceLib wrap-up
> >>              • MVC wrap-up?
> >> Thursday Feb 3
> >>      • Jamoma Audio Graph
> >>              • Issue #578 - AudioGraph with multiple sinks process multiple times
> >>              • Avoiding graphs from processing multiple times
> >>              • Parallelization
> >>              • What Classes do we need next?
> >> Friday Feb 4
> >> Nils' plane leaves at 16.20
> >>
> >>      • Jamoma DSP
> >>              • Spatialisation Lib?
> >>                      • Is there a specification yet?
> >> Dinner Topics
> >>      • Publications
> >>      • Funding development (Kickstarter)
> >>      • Next workshop
> >>      • Websites
> >>      • Marketing of Jamoma

Re: Schedule for upcoming development workshop at BEK

Alexander Refsum Jensenius

> I'd like to further propose that we video record these presentations a post them to YouTube.  Any thoughts?

Yes, I think this is a good idea to record the presentations and put them somewhere.

I have been using ProfCast when lecturing the last year, and have found it to be very useful, and very little resource demanding:
http://www.profcast.com/public/index.php

It only works well for Keynote/Powerpoint, though, so if we want to record some demo in Max, it might be better to use a full screengrabbing program. My current favourite there is Camtasia.

Well, enough advertising today...

Best,
Alexander

Re: Schedule for upcoming development workshop at BEK

we have a video camera that is recording to flash, that I have set aside for the workshop.

On Jan 18, 2011, at 6:59 AM, Alexander Refsum Jensenius wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> I'd like to further propose that we video record these presentations a post them to YouTube.  Any thoughts?
>
> Yes, I think this is a good idea to record the presentations and put them somewhere.
>
> I have been using ProfCast when lecturing the last year, and have found it to be very useful, and very little resource demanding:
> http://www.profcast.com/public/index.php
>
> It only works well for Keynote/Powerpoint, though, so if we want to record some demo in Max, it might be better to use a full screengrabbing program. My current favourite there is Camtasia.
>
> Well, enough advertising today...
>
> Best,
> Alexander

Re: Schedule for upcoming development workshop at BEK

Théo de la Hogue
I'm ok with this idea.

about the presentation I've been very optimistic
about the time... I trained myself yesterday
to show Jamoma development to a computer
laboratory in Bordeaux and it was longer than
I said ...

        about C++ framework ~10 min
        a focus on the DeviceManager ~5 min (Laurent Garnier)

        questions / remarks / planning deeper discussions about some points

        Max Changes ~30 min
        another implementation : Galamus ~15min (Laurent Garnier)

So this means about one hour of presentation...
Is this too much long ? Actually, about Max Changes,
I would like to make a step-by-step presentation to show
how to patch instead of a theorical presentation.

Le 18 janv. 11 à 06:59, Alexander Refsum Jensenius a écrit :

> Hi,
>
>> I'd like to further propose that we video record these
>> presentations a post them to YouTube.  Any thoughts?
>
> Yes, I think this is a good idea to record the presentations and put
> them somewhere.
>
> I have been using ProfCast when lecturing the last year, and have
> found it to be very useful, and very little resource demanding:
> http://www.profcast.com/public/index.php
>
> It only works well for Keynote/Powerpoint, though, so if we want to
> record some demo in Max, it might be better to use a full
> screengrabbing program. My current favourite there is Camtasia.
>
> Well, enough advertising today...
>
> Best,
> Alexander

Re: Schedule for upcoming development workshop at BEK

Diemo Schwarz

Hi all,

I've compiled last August's discussion about Integration between Jamoma and FTM
into a wiki page
http://redmine.jamoma.org/projects/modular/wiki/Integration_between_Jamoma_and_FTM&#38%3BCo.

I could also propose a short presentation of two use-cases for MVC for Modular:
- a mapping target editor from HW controllers (fixed number of sliders, etc.) (5
min)
- of course: CataRT, its module architecture, and its LCD display. (10–15 min)

                                                                ...Diemo

--
Diemo Schwarz, PhD -- http://diemo.concatenative.net
Real-Time Music Interaction Team -- http://imtr.ircam.fr

Re: Schedule for upcoming development workshop at BEK

I suggest we brainstorm on the schedule. Put in the time in the schedule on the wiki that you feel you need for the kind of presentations you consider important, and then we can review it later.

Cheers,
Trond

On Jan 18, 2011, at 1:47 PM, Diemo Schwarz wrote:

> [...]
>>>>>>

>>>    http://redmine.jamoma.org/projects/modular/wiki/Jamoma_workshop_at_BEK_in_Bergen_2011

>>>    installation at Bergen Art Museum

>>>    <mailto:[hidden email]>

>>>    <mailto:[hidden email]>

>> Protect Your Site and Customers from Malware Attacks
>> Learn about various malware tactics and how to avoid them. Understand
>> malware threats, the impact they can have on your business, and how you
>> can protect your company and customers by using code signing.
>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/oracle-sfdevnl

> ...Diemo
>

> --
> Diemo Schwarz, PhD -- http://diemo.concatenative.net
> Real-Time Music Interaction Team -- http://imtr.ircam.fr
> IRCAM - Centre Pompidou -- 1, place Igor-Stravinsky, 75004 Paris, France
> Phone +33-1-4478-4879 -- Fax +33-1-4478-1540

Re: Schedule for upcoming development workshop at BEK

ok, done

On 18.01.11 14:42, Trond Lossius wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I suggest we brainstorm on the schedule. Put in the time in the schedule on the wiki that you feel you need for the kind of presentations you consider important, and then we can review it later.
>
> Cheers,
> Trond
>

> On Jan 18, 2011, at 1:47 PM, Diemo Schwarz wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've compiled last August's discussion about Integration between Jamoma and FTM
>> into a wiki page
>> http://redmine.jamoma.org/projects/modular/wiki/Integration_between_Jamoma_and_FTM&#38%3BCo.
>>
>> I could also propose a short presentation of two use-cases for MVC for Modular:
>> - a mapping target editor from HW controllers (fixed number of sliders, etc.) (5
>> min)
>> - of course: CataRT, its module architecture, and its LCD display. (10–15 min)
>>
>> On 16.01.11 21:17, Théo de la Hogue wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> totally agree with this. I have already made some slides about Nodelib and
>>> Modular 0.6 C++ framework and I will prepare an overview of the changes in Max
>>> in order to focus us on the
>>> questions / choices / todo we have to discuss. I guess a lot of other questions
>>> will appear in a second time.
>>>
>>> Due to my slow english speaking, I plan to spend around 10 min about C++
>>> framework...
>>> maybe a little more... then I would like to take few time to answer questions
>>> before the next topic :
>>> the Max changes would certainly spend more around 15 min...
>>>
>>> Best

>>> Protect Your Site and Customers from Malware Attacks
>>> Learn about various malware tactics and how to avoid them. Understand
>>> malware threats, the impact they can have on your business, and how you
>>> can protect your company and customers by using code signing.
>>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/oracle-sfdevnl

>> ...Diemo
>>

>> --
>> Diemo Schwarz, PhD -- http://diemo.concatenative.net
>> Real-Time Music Interaction Team -- http://imtr.ircam.fr
>> IRCAM - Centre Pompidou -- 1, place Igor-Stravinsky, 75004 Paris, France
>> Phone +33-1-4478-4879 -- Fax +33-1-4478-1540

                                                                ...Diemo

--
Diemo Schwarz, PhD -- http://diemo.concatenative.net
Real-Time Music Interaction Team -- http://imtr.ircam.fr
IRCAM - Centre Pompidou -- 1, place Igor-Stravinsky, 75004 Paris, France
Phone +33-1-4478-4879 -- Fax +33-1-4478-1540

Re: Schedule for upcoming development workshop at BEK

Jesse Allison
Not being able to make the workshop, I'd appreciate this very much.

-Jesse

On Jan 17, 2011, at 9:16 PM, Timothy Place wrote:

> [...]

> >>              • Integration between Jamoma and FTM & co (continued)
> >>              • DataspaceLib wrap-up
> >>              • MVC wrap-up?
> >> Thursday Feb 3
> >>      • Jamoma Audio Graph
> >>              • Issue #578 - AudioGraph with multiple sinks process multiple times
> >>              • Avoiding graphs from processing multiple times
> >>              • Parallelization
> >>              • What Classes do we need next?
> >> Friday Feb 4
> >> Nils' plane leaves at 16.20
> >>
> >>      • Jamoma DSP
> >>              • Spatialisation Lib?
> >>                      • Is there a specification yet?
> >> Dinner Topics
> >>      • Publications
> >>      • Funding development (Kickstarter)
> >>      • Next workshop
> >>      • Websites
> >>      • Marketing of Jamoma

Re: Schedule for upcoming development workshop at BEK

Arve Voldsund
Hi list.

Not being able to make the workshop, I'd appreciate this very much.

-Jesse

I second that!

Best,
Arve

> [...]

> >>              • Integration between Jamoma and FTM & co (continued)
> >>              • DataspaceLib wrap-up
> >>              • MVC wrap-up?
> >> Thursday Feb 3
> >>      • Jamoma Audio Graph
> >>              • Issue #578 - AudioGraph with multiple sinks process multiple times
> >>              • Avoiding graphs from processing multiple times
> >>              • Parallelization
> >>              • What Classes do we need next?
> >> Friday Feb 4
> >> Nils' plane leaves at 16.20
> >>
> >>      • Jamoma DSP
> >>              • Spatialisation Lib?
> >>                      • Is there a specification yet?
> >> Dinner Topics
> >>      • Publications
> >>      • Funding development (Kickstarter)
> >>      • Next workshop
> >>      • Websites
> >>      • Marketing of Jamoma

Re: Schedule for upcoming development workshop at BEK

Hi Diemo,

I added my point of view into the wiki ("Considering Modular 0.6")

Now I have a clear picture of Modular 0.6, I can answer more precisely
of what should implies the ftm object integration than during our august's meeting.

I've also added Modular presention schedule to the wiki.