Running two copies of MAX with different file preferences?

Running two copies of MAX with different file preferences?

bltzr
Hi !

I've looked in the C'74 forum for this answer, and there was no useful answer :
http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=17701

Maybe there could be one here ?

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://zkrx.org
http://www.baltazars.org

Re: Running two copies of MAX with different file preferences?

Nils Peters
Hi Pascal,

do you need to be able to have the edit mode in both Max instances of
max at the same time?
If not, have you considered turning one of your patches into a
standalone? I would expect that file preferences are not shared across
standalone apps.

best,

Nils

On 2012-11-14 5:28 AM, Pascal Baltazar wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I've looked in the C'74 forum for this answer, and there was no useful answer :
> http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=17701
>
> Maybe there could be one here ?
>
> Best,

> Pascal Baltazar
> [hidden email]
> http://zkrx.org
> http://www.baltazars.org

Re: Running two copies of MAX with different file preferences?

bltzr
Thanks for confirming it !

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://zkrx.org
http://www.baltazars.org

Le 14 nov. 2012 à 18:32, Timothy Place a écrit :

> Not possible
>
> Best,
>   Tim
> On Nov 14, 2012 5:29 AM, "Pascal Baltazar" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I've looked in the C'74 forum for this answer, and there was no useful answer :
> http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=17701
>
> Maybe there could be one here ?
>
> Best,

> Pascal Baltazar
> [hidden email]
> http://zkrx.org
> http://www.baltazars.org

Re: Running two copies of MAX with different file preferences?

bltzr
Hi Nils,

Thanks for your answer.

Le 14 nov. 2012 à 18:54, Nils Peters a écrit :

> Hi Pascal,
>
> do you need to be able to have the edit mode in both Max instances of
> max at the same time?
Yes, and moreover I was hoping to be able to have Jamoma from the installer in one of the instances (for performances) and from the repo in the other. (knowing that I already have 0.6 from the repo in Max6, which works in parallel with Jamoma from the installer in Max5)

But I guess that was hoping a bit too much...

> If not, have you considered turning one of your patches into a
> standalone? I would expect that file preferences are not shared across
> standalone apps.
>

> best,
>
> Nils
>

> On 2012-11-14 5:28 AM, Pascal Baltazar wrote:
>> Hi !
>>
>> I've looked in the C'74 forum for this answer, and there was no useful answer :
>> http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=17701
>>
>> Maybe there could be one here ?
>>
>> Best,

>> Pascal Baltazar
>> [hidden email]
>> http://zkrx.org
>> http://www.baltazars.org

Re: Running two copies of MAX with different file preferences?

I would guess that the main challenge here is that both Jamoma instances would be looking to /usr/local/jamoma for libraries, and the challenge would be how to be able to have several versions of it running in parallell.

Cheers,
Trond

On Nov 14, 2012, at 2:05 PM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Nils,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> Le 14 nov. 2012 à 18:54, Nils Peters a écrit :
>
>> Hi Pascal,
>>
>> do you need to be able to have the edit mode in both Max instances of
>> max at the same time?
> Yes, and moreover I was hoping to be able to have Jamoma from the installer in one of the instances (for performances) and from the repo in the other. (knowing that I already have 0.6 from the repo in Max6, which works in parallel with Jamoma from the installer in Max5)
>
> But I guess that was hoping a bit too much...
>
> Best,

>> If not, have you considered turning one of your patches into a
>> standalone? I would expect that file preferences are not shared across
>> standalone apps.
>>

>> best,
>>
>> Nils
>>

>> On 2012-11-14 5:28 AM, Pascal Baltazar wrote:
>>> Hi !
>>>
>>> I've looked in the C'74 forum for this answer, and there was no useful answer :
>>> http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=17701
>>>
>>> Maybe there could be one here ?
>>>
>>> Best,

>>> Pascal Baltazar
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://zkrx.org
>>> http://www.baltazars.org

Re: Running two copies of MAX with different file preferences?

Pascal Baltazar-2

No, that's not a problem. Those have been moved inside of the Max app (been doing that for a while without problem...)

Best.

Hi,