Priority in j.cue bound to j.namespace not working?

Priority in j.cue bound to j.namespace not working?

Thor
Hi all.

I have a j.cue bound to a namespace that is sorted by priority. All
parameters have been given a priority order.

However when creating new cues j.cue reverts to sorting them
alphabetically and parameter priority is not respected. When using a
j.cue that is not bound to a namespace, priority is once again
respected. (My workaround now has been start all parameter names with a
number and set the priority that way but htats not ideal...)

Is this a bug or is there something I am missing?

Otherwise jamoma is working well for me on windows!

Best
Thor

Re: Priority in j.cue bound to j.namespace not working?

Pascal Baltazar-5
Hi Thor !

I think that’s a bug (which you should report on github, and assign to Théo, BTW), but you’ll have to live with it a few more days, as Théo is currently on vacation, and I guess he’s more inclined towards swimming in brittany’s sea than fixing bugs :-)

Cheers !

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

> Le 9 août 2015 à 16:31, Thor <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi all.
>
> I have a j.cue bound to a namespace that is sorted by priority. All
> parameters have been given a priority order.
>
> However when creating new cues j.cue reverts to sorting them
> alphabetically and parameter priority is not respected. When using a
> j.cue that is not bound to a namespace, priority is once again
> respected. (My workaround now has been start all parameter names with a
> number and set the priority that way but htats not ideal...)
>
> Is this a bug or is there something I am missing?
>
> Otherwise jamoma is working well for me on windows!
>
> Best
> Thor

Re: Priority in j.cue bound to j.namespace not working?

Théo de la Hogue-2
Hi Thor,
this is not a bug but maybe something that is not well explain or it should be a default behavior.
actually you have to tell to j.namespace to sort each item by priority instead by alphebetical order :

[j.namespace @sort priority]

> Le 10 août 2015 à 10:19, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi Thor !
>
> I think that’s a bug (which you should report on github, and assign to Théo, BTW), but you’ll have to live with it a few more days, as Théo is currently on vacation, and I guess he’s more inclined towards swimming in brittany’s sea than fixing bugs :-)
>
> Cheers !

> Pascal Baltazar
> [hidden email]
> http://www.baltazars.org
>
>> Le 9 août 2015 à 16:31, Thor <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Hi all.
>>
>> I have a j.cue bound to a namespace that is sorted by priority. All
>> parameters have been given a priority order.
>>
>> However when creating new cues j.cue reverts to sorting them
>> alphabetically and parameter priority is not respected. When using a
>> j.cue that is not bound to a namespace, priority is once again
>> respected. (My workaround now has been start all parameter names with a
>> number and set the priority that way but htats not ideal...)
>>
>> Is this a bug or is there something I am missing?
>>
>> Otherwise jamoma is working well for me on windows!
>>
>> Best
>> Thor

Re: Priority in j.cue bound to j.namespace not working?

Pascal Baltazar-5
Yes, I think priority sorting should be the default behavior
I don’t even see why anybody would like it to behave differently, but maybe I’m missing other use cases///

Cheers !

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

> Le 17 août 2015 à 12:09, Théo de la Hogue <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi Thor,
> this is not a bug but maybe something that is not well explain or it should be a default behavior.
> actually you have to tell to j.namespace to sort each item by priority instead by alphebetical order :
>
> [j.namespace @sort priority]
>
> Best,
>

>> Le 10 août 2015 à 10:19, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Hi Thor !
>>
>> I think that’s a bug (which you should report on github, and assign to Théo, BTW), but you’ll have to live with it a few more days, as Théo is currently on vacation, and I guess he’s more inclined towards swimming in brittany’s sea than fixing bugs :-)
>>
>> Cheers !

>> Pascal Baltazar
>> [hidden email]
>> http://www.baltazars.org
>>
>>> Le 9 août 2015 à 16:31, Thor <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Hi all.
>>>
>>> I have a j.cue bound to a namespace that is sorted by priority. All
>>> parameters have been given a priority order.
>>>
>>> However when creating new cues j.cue reverts to sorting them
>>> alphabetically and parameter priority is not respected. When using a
>>> j.cue that is not bound to a namespace, priority is once again
>>> respected. (My workaround now has been start all parameter names with a
>>> number and set the priority that way but htats not ideal...)
>>>
>>> Is this a bug or is there something I am missing?
>>>
>>> Otherwise jamoma is working well for me on windows!
>>>
>>> Best
>>> Thor

Re: Priority in j.cue bound to j.namespace not working?

Théo de la Hogue-2
I agree even if I see a minor use case when j.namespace is used to display the namespace of a model and where it is more readable to have it sorted alphabetically.
I have set @sort attribute on priority by default so it will be available for the next release.

> Le 17 août 2015 à 13:57, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Yes, I think priority sorting should be the default behavior
> I don’t even see why anybody would like it to behave differently, but maybe I’m missing other use cases///
>
> Cheers !

> Pascal Baltazar
> [hidden email]
> http://www.baltazars.org
>
>> Le 17 août 2015 à 12:09, Théo de la Hogue <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Hi Thor,
>> this is not a bug but maybe something that is not well explain or it should be a default behavior.
>> actually you have to tell to j.namespace to sort each item by priority instead by alphebetical order :
>>
>> [j.namespace @sort priority]
>>
>> Best,
>>

>>> Le 10 août 2015 à 10:19, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Hi Thor !
>>>
>>> I think that’s a bug (which you should report on github, and assign to Théo, BTW), but you’ll have to live with it a few more days, as Théo is currently on vacation, and I guess he’s more inclined towards swimming in brittany’s sea than fixing bugs :-)
>>>
>>> Cheers !

>>> Pascal Baltazar
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://www.baltazars.org

Re: Priority in j.cue bound to j.namespace not working?

Pascal Baltazar-5
Aaah, no, I meant that cues are not recalled by priority (I didn’t remind the full context well enough, maybe), because yes, I can imagine cases where sorting otherwise is useful for j.namespace
though, I still think priority should be the default mode

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

jln

On lundi, août 17, 2015 at 1:58 PM, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]>, wrote:
Yes, I think priority sorting should be the default behavior
I disagree here.
I don’t even see why anybody would like it to behave differently, but maybe I’m missing other use cases///

Yes. :-) For example, browsing namespace to set some mappings (ie. mapper.view) is much user friendly imho in alphabetical order.

Actually, I cannot think of other cases but when using j.namespace in combination with j.cue where sorting by priorities is used. Hence it sounds like a specific use to me (even if an important one, I agree).

So I’d say please Theo revert that change.

Best,
Julien

jln

Re: Priority in j.cue bound to j.namespace not working?

Théo de la Hogue-2
I said minor from my point of view :-)
but I was thinking about all the uses cases you mentioned.

so ok I revert the change !