Preview?

Ricardo
Hello all,
I started working with 0.6 version again yesterday. I had ported some modules a while back, but I can see that there has been some changes. I read about some of the changes on the blog, and it was a bit confusing for me. Are the j.parameter officially called j.attribute? Should I change this?

Also, the preview function for video, the widget does not appear on my view anymore. How do I turn "preview" on and of for the view?

Look at attached photo. Is it also possible to get the name of the model onto the panel of the view?

Re: Preview?

Pascal Baltazar-5
Hej Ricardo !

> I started working with 0.6 version again yesterday. I had ported some
> modules a while back, but I can see that there has been some changes. I read
> about some of the changes on the blog, and it was a bit confusing for me.
sure, we should review that….
> Are the j.parameter officially called j.attribute?
nope, this won’t happen yet (maybe in 0.7) this should be updated...
> Should I change this?
no

> Also, the preview function for video, the widget does not appear on my view
> anymore. How do I turn "preview" on and of for the view?
There is no preview anymore (though you can hack one back in your views)
The idea is to have a contextual preview, somehow like the jitter probing
probably Renaud and Mathieu will be of more help on this...

> Look at attached photo. Is it also possible to get the name of the model
> onto the panel of the view?
use [j.receive model:address]

hope this helps…

best,

Re: Preview?

Ricardo
Thanks Pascal,

Mvh

Ricardo del Pozo
Direct: +47 41471425
Skype: ricardo.p3dp
Twitter: @rdpozo_

On 30 Sep 2014, at 16:09, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hej Ricardo !

[...]

Mathieu CHAMAGNE
about Jitter preview : there's now a preview%.module that can connect to the input or output of any video Jamoma module.
As Pascal said, we designed it as a kind of probing tool.
You still can add a preview in your module's view of course... but the "preview" [p] button in j.ui is gone.

Mathieu

Thanks Pascal,

Mvh

Ricardo del Pozo
Direct: <a href="tel:%2B47%2041471425" value="+4741471425" target="_blank">+47 41471425
[...]

Hello Mathieu,

Thank you for your input. I have found it and this is really nice. Great work you guys have been putting into this!
I have ported my first module to 0.6 and made a quick help patch. It is a for the gl.hap object and it is a basic player.

If you guys would like to have a look at it, jut to see if I have done it right ( in accordance with the new idea of how to patch with Jamoma 0.6) that would be great.

If you guys don't have the time, i completely understand.  :)

Anyway, thanks for some great new tools.

Sincerely

Ricardo del Pozo

On 30 Sep 2014, at 17:02, Mathieu CHAMAGNE <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Théo de la Hogue
Hi Ricardo,
nice job !

I have only one question/remark about the read/open/dialog message in the .model file :
why do you need it as you also have a [opendialog folder] into the view ?
usually, as opening a dialog is more something needed to view things, I don't provide this service into the model.
but I maybe missed a point and anyway this is not a problem.

Le 1 oct. 2014 à 21:18, delpozo <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

Thanks Theo,

I just copied everything in the model to the view. so Might be an idea to remove the open dialog folder.
Mvh

Ricardo del Pozo
Direct: +47 41471425
Skype: ricardo.p3dp
Twitter: @rdpozo_

On 01 Oct 2014, at 22:44, Théo de la Hogue <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

yes, moving the opendialog part to the view is probably a good idea….
we’ve been discussing that with the team at the last workshop, and concluded that this part belongs to the view… because if you wanted to run the models without views (i.e. with pre-designed cues) you wouldn’t need such user-interaction… and actually, if the model was run on a remote computer, without a screen (which we can now do with remote views across the network) and that, for some reason, the opendialog message was received, this would freeze everything on this machine (am I being clear ?)
We should remember to document that somewhere in the future tutorials (I just added the #758 issue for that)

IMHO (but maybe I’m missing the way your patcher actually works) you could just remove the part below from the model

if you really wanted to access the open dialog remotely (but do you really need that ? or do you only access it from the view ?), you could leave the [j.message read/open/dialog] alone in the model
same for [j.message read/folder] as it doesn’t seem required for your model to function (but the prefix_mode of the umenu being set to 2 makes me doubt about it…)

well… that’s the piece of advice I can give you…
also, look at the way input~.model is designed concerning file management… it can help...

BTW, why is your model in presentation mode ? Wanting to hide its content, or just forgot to change it back in the port ?

also, concerning the title of the inspector, why didn’t you do that ?
<pre><code>
----------begin_max5_patcher----------
487.3ocqSsraaCCD7rzWAAyUUARYZIwjS8Gn.8bQPAszlZZHQJPQ651f7uW9
PJ1NIMx.IWHHmc4xYmc3ioI3M5ivHFcK5GnjjGSSRBPdfjoyI3dwwlNwXHMr
B9sdyNbVLjENZCvCFX.TsHqz1AyQePqrix+B9LnE4jIX09dopCrgBRm.06cW
zZ+y.DYCFiteJzfv1rUp90OMPiMFkSKy40EUEUYnp0DWoQUU90B29mun6ghk
8hWR1FXrqK9Bq9bppD8gGG+UiTzg8AdJM0uj8wDG6V4XnI.ymizjsj7v44TF
mQYOKOk7EjmhWKOEz2QdlhLJNLSqa9lmXWzrH7c9ka9te04OhHn6+7z1c4t1
FjG.TutE5tUz1Z.2UdectQ2oMQZSxqIrZlSoH4qKp3qq76pKXUjUYH5k500N
bVZ.UyVmWNOfHgQCc0RF3UuwDhbcF3PEwcR0K+rG3lG+RkeTu2zL2Qy+TPmH
VKLZkJgUpUmkj2ubVRakssPH9rr2KaGzRkchD7hxb17u3Jpu847x3m4KNwBR
CkPpOoZdrS7QNJ1zAAgg7llqqsQ8J5hM5KTiW2n+O9DmChggCfYbplAp3756
hNxxrvQoJdL3yvF3fbN+5.hv37TVmgZuINyOVW5l3t24oz+AiJHVIA
-----------end_max5_patcher-----------
</code></pre>
I thought that’s what you wanted… (but maybe I misunderstood…)

Also, if you have a lot of this views in a patcher, you could use the little trick from gl_videoplane.view.maxpat’s inspector, which helps saving some resources….

Hope this helps,

The part from your model that can be removed:
<pre><code>
----------begin_max5_patcher----------
1407.3oc2ZszaiaCD9r8uBBc1qinH0qdJEEEKZA1h8PQuzTDHKwXy.IQAJZm
jcw9eu7k853UNRxUlHnGhr0HRpgeblu4Q7WmOyaE6YRqG3m.+MX1ruNe1LsH
kfY16m4Uk8bdYVqdXdUj11r0DuElmIHOKzxi1K4AVsnk9EhRJLXouUb81JZc
IQnWk.qP1VgTj3kFhQE77.+i8QMYh7Mz502yI4BySihvxkCjjhTeD5qtBSV5
eXNx2gYE0uDnUJsPqfrUO9AT5wZYcVk9858ybZVom5Aea9b0kECDLpIOIW1e
.K3Rsf.ZeoZEqbZfkE8.MnP7xvEfz3DEnDmptF3eVnInCnA5DnogSZH0EfVh
XLHC7hLXBhBOFUv8fJcYvDMsnx47dxJa1jsL.trhs656HE3qsVf93XsOTT5E
3JE5FjQZn.b.2R.xBIP+KlbA4DOHAnEzNM9NKFl+SLR64fPimUACcFlrZxvj
UY0q6gsMvPy5ew3RfSvkGYzZvsBNc8ZBuE3e88irPSRngRAhTFPiiyM02MLK
e.d8gCbRrwRQCGn.MGynXUvtgUImssVP3iAQBOGhPqEZpE6epaeSLBGofkjf
HMT0m2D9GwnPjaycQv3jqe1K6ckRsdTiO6kPrircJKmt.RKFdfoTLTCJIQWf
MyakYm8IsY6HE2KGs7EeelPxitRlXeqEgrPzLOR0Jhdg80Bzf5DAseoDzVRy
I.nipivPXai3GFO9Havj+mlETTnsppKn3JX7zBJaqH0a2ujRZoGnOeeEqfb7
q+LfBUPprE7aq5.FZp5.3sPcwJLpKgwcILoKgocHThYcHD1kvftDh5RHtKgc
siBL6niOzFf0wwwxNL0rsBVCqYaYlfb7rUyaO19IF6uTy5Se9W+n5ye294m+
se4O0e9GeD71c6H1DVLDYJEwuGyNTGbbI8ywwkA9KLzW3CJCWNTY1.2SpyVU
RNPsMQIktrQNBPdIIiCxZTgTm1nGCwYNEZxOM7BP0TmwvYLnlJvwZd1O5DZR
1HLb7LcQ9NAbdfUVblrUQW.xzWJp6sZf5.hXSJpvQgKtoPXlxaRtjr0f2.ht
JEEawHbRhoQJWPUwASbOkjYqIX0diZuN38YTv9RaGaZ4AAu21LnnCYPO1MC9
+t06tL9gyZNIq30VtuJtgMvDPMraLiCbqZCKKJiK2ZfayKoMpTg.0rZB31BR
aNm1HnrZvcde1FzFH1P.5jn.OQEa.6nEDF3AZIo8NOvsMbJiSEu.NTWYIsln
KQ93XBmwmRVNDiafW+kI93DLdg7agAwogwpukDfi8QRejWiySXtpgPSRpg5F
eq5x6HxUM5pV03oG12nnrtwvY0wQts4MfSGp8TeMolvo48brqlGHCXm4Sz5B
1S2404YK9c+YKJUGVFlpiEEMJB1vAFcVuhZf4j+2fZ0RI+0m2srs778aj88v
C7cESdbHn0YpiiiFjp8DGMnMzhBh946Q6BZqJ+yhym.5P0GU32d0GUUZtReF
B9bhRe00G36G8Qkicu3C1w5Se3ip0GtReRF.9fdsReU0mngnOQtCehFv4Exg
1O3gvG1G9TQKZXxZUrjxnHntKnlFmGDqiKnu66unoaGfFvNH02cVbCgAUlos
qNgwCAezfHxM5SvPOu7cm9.GB9LFOfXcJQIx5xUkjEpcDz2cE7.vvovGdh0m
9PT7HQzfDckCwwZpEbptGj56tFH5P.T2YhhFRPrvj2W5i5WchinbQCwAP86B
xQ5ipcQ8mTej6pxHXHbtmn0WS8QmPZuLDtKF4IEXcFGrT2pOv2ON7mZqdlxv
tTFQSU8YMM6H7V6Zp0EuprGMs0HZg9VZs4VcyJ73jcz8iOQKIimugJH4hsbS
GDdNIxat587s4+KPvHYCn
-----------end_max5_patcher-----------
</code></pre>

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

On 04 Oct 2014, at 15:26, delpozo <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

and, yes…. one last thing…

if that’s possible, license-wise, I think this model would deserve being in the distro…

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

On 04 Oct 2014, at 16:47, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hello Pascal,

See my answers below:

On 04 Oct 2014, at 16:47, Pascal Baltazar <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Ricardo,

yes, moving the opendialog part to the view is probably a good idea….
we’ve been discussing that with the team at the last workshop, and concluded that this part belongs to the view… because if you wanted to run the models without views (i.e. with pre-designed cues) you wouldn’t need such user-interaction… and actually, if the model was run on a remote computer, without a screen (which we can now do with remote views across the network) and that, for some reason, the opendialog message was received, this would freeze everything on this machine (am I being clear ?)
Yes, totally. I think that I included everything the first time around, just to make sure I understood the principals on how the "model and view” concept works. And it seems that I did not get it fully. I thought I needed it to send the message to the model from the view.
In my patch I store the string from read/open/dialog in the red/folder parameter. Then when I script this into a cue, I first load the folder, then select the file. I assumed that I needed the j.message read/open/dialog to be able to send the open dialog command from view to the model, and when I then select the folder I want then string is stored in th j.parameter read/folder.

It is probably not the best solution, but I like to have the umenu list for switching fast between video files when I am prototyping the video work.
Might be that there are other and better ways.

We should remember to document that somewhere in the future tutorials (I just added the #758 issue for that)

IMHO (but maybe I’m missing the way your patcher actually works) you could just remove the part below from the model

And then just keep this in the view instead?  Ahhhhhhhhh,  but how will I then send the correct file to correct model. Would I not need the j.parameter
in each model to know which video file I’m playing? and communicate this back to the view as I’m switching back and forth between models?

if you really wanted to access the open dialog remotely (but do you really need that ? or do you only access it from the view ?), you could leave the [j.message read/open/dialog] alone in the model
same for [j.message read/folder] as it doesn’t seem required for your model to function (but the prefix_mode of the umenu being set to 2 makes me doubt about it…)
The j.parameter read/folder is the parameter that remembers which folder I’m using in the current model. So when I set up a cue, it first read the folder, loads this to the umenu, then j.parameter select/file sets the video file.

Is it messy ? he he he, i think there might be better solutions.

well… that’s the piece of advice I can give you…
also, look at the way input~.model is designed concerning file management… it can help…

I will

BTW, why is your model in presentation mode ? Wanting to hide its content, or just forgot to change it back in the port ?
No reason, guess I have not ticked that option off yet.

also, concerning the title of the inspector, why didn’t you do that ?
Ah yes, I did it, but then I thought that, since I am trying to only use one view, it would make more sense to have it in big letter above the buttons.

<pre><code>
----------begin_max5_patcher----------
487.3ocqSsraaCCD7rzWAAyUUARYZIwjS8Gn.8bQPAszlZZHQJPQ651f7uW9
PJ1NIMx.IWHHmc4xYmc3ioI3M5ivHFcK5GnjjGSSRBPdfjoyI3dwwlNwXHMr
B9sdyNbVLjENZCvCFX.TsHqz1AyQePqrix+B9LnE4jIX09dopCrgBRm.06cW
zZ+y.DYCFiteJzfv1rUp90OMPiMFkSKy40EUEUYnp0DWoQUU90B29mun6ghk
8hWR1FXrqK9Bq9bppD8gGG+UiTzg8AdJM0uj8wDG6V4XnI.ymizjsj7v44TF
mQYOKOk7EjmhWKOEz2QdlhLJNLSqa9lmXWzrH7c9ka9te04OhHn6+7z1c4t1
FjG.TutE5tUz1Z.2UdectQ2oMQZSxqIrZlSoH4qKp3qq76pKXUjUYH5k500N
bVZ.UyVmWNOfHgQCc0RF3UuwDhbcF3PEwcR0K+rG3lG+RkeTu2zL2Qy+TPmH
VKLZkJgUpUmkj2ubVRakssPH9rr2KaGzRkchD7hxb17u3Jpu847x3m4KNwBR
CkPpOoZdrS7QNJ1zAAgg7llqqsQ8J5hM5KTiW2n+O9DmChggCfYbplAp3756
hNxxrvQoJdL3yvF3fbN+5.hv37TVmgZuINyOVW5l3t24oz+AiJHVIA
-----------end_max5_patcher-----------
</code></pre>
I thought that’s what you wanted… (but maybe I misunderstood…)

No just decided differently :)

Also, if you have a lot of this views in a patcher, you could use the little trick from gl_videoplane.view.maxpat’s inspector, which helps saving some resources….

My hope is that I will only need one view of each, so I can add as many models as I like (depending on the strength of the computer I’m using) and not have to change the interface every time

Thanks for great feedback Pascal, I will look into the input model for file handling. However, I think that if you want to change a file in that model, you would have to open the dialog every time, and that is what I’m trying to avoid.  Hence all the umenu stuff.

One thing I like about the gl_hap model and view now is that if you have one view and several models, the view updates the umenu  with the correct list of accessible video files to the current model (without opening the dialog widow again) and it also puts the checkmark on the current playing video..  That I thought was nice.

[...]

Wow thanks, be my guest :)

Mvh

Ricardo del Pozo
Direct: +47 41471425