Porpose a Jamoma presentation at ircam forum?

Porpose a Jamoma presentation at ircam forum?

There’s a call for proposals for the upcoming Ircam forum November 24-26 i Paris. Would it be an idea to propose a presentation of Jamoma 0.6? Pascal is in Bergen at the time, preparing for an installation at Lydgalleriet, and I doubt that he’d be able to contribute. I might be able to attend, and I don’t know about you. Theo? The deadline for proposals is October 15.

http://forumnet.ircam.fr/proposals-paris-2015/

Re: Porpose a Jamoma presentation at ircam forum?

Théo de la Hogue-2
Hi Trond,

it is a good idea and I’ve added those dates to my agenda even if I need to confirm the GMEA is able to fund this travel.

> Le 10 août 2015 à 11:39, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> There’s a call for proposals for the upcoming Ircam forum November 24-26 i Paris. Would it be an idea to propose a presentation of Jamoma 0.6? Pascal is in Bergen at the time, preparing for an installation at Lydgalleriet, and I doubt that he’d be able to contribute. I might be able to attend, and I don’t know about you. Theo? The deadline for proposals is October 15.
>
> http://forumnet.ircam.fr/proposals-paris-2015/
>
> Best,

Re: Porpose a Jamoma presentation at ircam forum?

Théo de la Hogue-2
Hi Trond,
I confirm that we are interested to present Jamoma the IRCAM forum.
This could be really good place to make the release visible.

Do you still plan to attend ?

Proposal Type
I guess a presentation is more adapted than a demo for our case.

Proposal Title
Here is the title we've choosen for ICMC the last year but I’m not sure if it is adapted :
« Model-View-Controller separation in Max using Jamoma 1.0 »

My feeling is that there are not only ingineers like at ICMC so maybe it is a bit too technical.
So here are some propositions ;-)
« Jamoma 1.0 for dumbs »
« About sustainable development with Jamoma 1.0 in Max »
... any idea ?

Abstract (1000 characters)
Here I’ve copied the abstract of the ICMC but it is the same problem than for the title.

The Model-View-Controller (MVC) software architecture pattern separates these three program components, and is well-suited for interactive applications where flexible human-computer interfaces are required. Separating data presentation from the underlying process enables multiple views of the same model, customised views, synchronisation between views, as well as views that can be dynamically loaded, bound to a model, and then disposed. Jamoma 1.0 enables MVC separation in Cycling’74 Max through custom externals and patching guidelines for developers. Models and views can then be nested for a hierarchal structuring of services. A local preset system is available in all models, along with namespace and services that can be inspected and queried application-wide. This system can be used to manage cues with modular, stringent and transparent handling of priorities. It can also be expanded for inter-application exchange, enabling the distribution of models and views over a network using OSC and Minuit.

I can work on a more appropriate abstract if you feel it is neeeded.

Technical rider (if any)
I guess nothing more than a video-projector and a mini-jack to connect to their sound system ...

Le 17 août 2015 à 10:41, Théo de la Hogue <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi Trond,

it is a good idea and I’ve added those dates to my agenda even if I need to confirm the GMEA is able to fund this travel.

Le 10 août 2015 à 11:39, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi,

There’s a call for proposals for the upcoming Ircam forum November 24-26 i Paris. Would it be an idea to propose a presentation of Jamoma 0.6? Pascal is in Bergen at the time, preparing for an installation at Lydgalleriet, and I doubt that he’d be able to contribute. I might be able to attend, and I don’t know about you. Theo? The deadline for proposals is October 15.

http://forumnet.ircam.fr/proposals-paris-2015/

Re: Porpose a Jamoma presentation at ircam forum?

Hi Theo,

That’s excellent! I suggest we sit down over at some point in the evening coming Monday before/during/after dinner and sketch it.

Cheers,
Trond

jln

Re: Porpose a Jamoma presentation at ircam forum?

jln
Administrator
+1 !
Best,
Julien

> [...]

>> Hi Trond,
>>
>> it is a good idea and I’ve added those dates to my agenda even if I need to confirm the GMEA is able to fund this travel.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>>> Le 10 août 2015 à 11:39, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> There’s a call for proposals for the upcoming Ircam forum November 24-26 i Paris. Would it be an idea to propose a presentation of Jamoma 0.6? Pascal is in Bergen at the time, preparing for an installation at Lydgalleriet, and I doubt that he’d be able to contribute. I might be able to attend, and I don’t know about you. Theo? The deadline for proposals is October 15.
>>>
>>> http://forumnet.ircam.fr/proposals-paris-2015/
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Trond

Re: Porpose a Jamoma presentation at ircam forum?

perfect !

see you in Bordeaux.

Le 9 sept. 2015 à 17:31, Julien Rabin <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> [...]

>> Hi Trond,
>>
>> it is a good idea and I’ve added those dates to my agenda even if I need to confirm the GMEA is able to fund this travel.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>>> Le 10 août 2015 à 11:39, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> There’s a call for proposals for the upcoming Ircam forum November 24-26 i Paris. Would it be an idea to propose a presentation of Jamoma 0.6? Pascal is in Bergen at the time, preparing for an installation at Lydgalleriet, and I doubt that he’d be able to contribute. I might be able to attend, and I don’t know about you. Theo? The deadline for proposals is October 15.
>>>
>>> http://forumnet.ircam.fr/proposals-paris-2015/
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Trond

Re: Porpose a Jamoma presentation at ircam forum?

it seems Julien and me will have some time monday morning when we’ll arrive at LaBRI at 11:00 AM.
if you’re also available it could be nice to sit and write down the abstract at this moment ?