My life a sa seller of used cars

Here’s a proposal for a text to submit as a proposal for a presentation at the upcoming Ircam Forum. Maybe it can also be used somewhere as part of the revamped web site that Tim has started sketching? It’s 999 characters, and we have a limit of 1000 characters when submitting, so there’s room for fixing one of my typos or add one exclamation mark.

Apart from that, following a Skype with Julien and Tim last week, I believe we all struggled to find that one sentence that nails it down exactly what Jamoma is. If we are not able to come up with an elevator pitch, could we use an elevator patch instead?

As you are all probably aware of, I’m quite fond of ambient music and muzak, so would not be one to turn down an elevator patch. More seriously, when I finished the dbap=.model.maxhelp, I was also thinking that this one patch illustrates quite a few of the core features of Jamoma  (or could be expanded to do so): The separation of model and view, the ability to address parameters using varying units, ramping, presets, the audio core and spatialisation tools, the ability to have many parallell views, …. I was thinking that this patch says it all, but it does so through a demonstration rather than in words

Would it be possible to make an elevator patch screen cast for the front page, and end it with a statement on how many of these functionalities are available in C++ as well, and gradually become available in PureData?

What can Jamoma do for you?

As your Max patchers for stage, music performances or sound installations grow in size, it becomes increasingly important that they do not run wild. Jamoma for Max is a package of externals and patchers that helps YOU to stay in control of your patch. Each section of your patch is neatly turned into a model. You gain a new sense of freedom with respect to how interfaces can be designed, and it is a relief to discover that the patch can be instantiated in a predictable and reliable way. At any moment you can ask your patch how it is currently configured, and use this to build presets and cues for future performances. How do you want interactions to operate? Mapping between parameters is a breeze, and invites playful experimentation. Advanced mappings with interpolations recreate long missed sound effect processes from the discontinued Hipno plugin suite. Many models are available for spatial audio, and AudioGraph turns your patch chord into an audio snake cable, carrying many channels.

Re: My life a sa seller of used cars

Pascal Baltazar-5
Le 14 sept. 2015 à 17:03, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> a écrit :

the revamped web site that Tim has started sketching

Oh… interesting ! Is that visible somewhere ?

Re: My life a sa seller of used cars

Very good indeed !
I’ll second you to be granted official PR of the collective !

Though, I’m sorry to announce you that we have 2 characters left, as patch cord doesn’t take a H… (unless it’s made of notes instead of boxes…)

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

jln

Re: My life a sa seller of used cars

jln
Here it is: https://github.com/jamoma/jamoma.github.io

You can view it online at http://jamoma.github.io

Best,
Julien

Le 14 sept. 2015 à 17:03, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> a écrit :

the revamped web site that Tim has started sketching

Oh… interesting ! Is that visible somewhere ?

Re: My life a sa seller of used cars

I have submitted the proposal.

Cheers,
Trond