Quantcast

Max 6 Compatible

Ricardo
Is Jamoa Max 6 compatible?

Sincerely

Ricardo

Re: Max 6 Compatible

Yes,

it is compatible. If you build from source at the master branches, you'll even get 64 bit audio processing all the way through.

On Oct 27, 2011, at 6:16 PM, Ricardo del Pozo wrote:

> Is Jamoa Max 6 compatible?
>
> Sincerely
>
> Ricardo

Re: Max 6 Compatible

Ricardo
Ai ai ai!!!
Now we´re talking. Well, I will have to wait until you guys release a installer, I have tried to build from source before, and it just was a bit to complicated for me, but this is great news. Homing in for a great weekend.

On Oct 27, 2011, at 6:29 PM, Trond Lossius wrote:

> Yes,
>
> it is compatible. If you build from source at the master branches, you'll even get 64 bit audio processing all the way through.
>
> Best,
> Trond
>

> On Oct 27, 2011, at 6:16 PM, Ricardo del Pozo wrote:
>
>> Is Jamoa Max 6 compatible?
>>
>> Sincerely
>>
>> Ricardo

Re: Max 6 Compatible

Hi Ricardo,

If you could help testing these, that would be great:

Max 5 installer:
        http://www.jamoma.org/download/Jamoma-0.5.6-b1-Max5.dmg

Max 6 installer:
        http://www.jamoma.org/download/Jamoma-0.5.6-b1-Max6.dmg

There are some harmless metatarsi errors posted to Max window at startup, but apart from that they should be fine. At least the Max 5 installer works well here. You should also see some post-Kansas worksop CPU improvements in modules using AudioGraph.

On Oct 27, 2011, at 6:33 PM, Ricardo del Pozo wrote:

> Ai ai ai!!!
> Now we´re talking. Well, I will have to wait until you guys release a installer, I have tried to build from source before, and it just was a bit to complicated for me, but this is great news. Homing in for a great weekend.

Re: Max 6 Compatible

hems
Sorry for such ultra stupid question ( ok, not so stupid ), but for
those who ends up exporting 32 or 24 bits, is the 64 bits machine
making any difference ?

i know, there'll be jitter when rendering etcs, but even this way does
it make a difference ?

i'm afraid of using more cpu power for something that wont make any
difference for my "final export"

On 27 October 2011 17:33, Ricardo del Pozo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ai ai ai!!!
> Now we´re talking. Well, I will have to wait until you guys release a installer, I have tried to build from source before, and it just was a bit to complicated for me, but this is great news. Homing in for a great weekend.
>
> On Oct 27, 2011, at 6:29 PM, Trond Lossius wrote:
>
>> Yes,
>>
>> it is compatible. If you build from source at the master branches, you'll even get 64 bit audio processing all the way through.
>>
>> Best,
>> Trond
>>

>> On Oct 27, 2011, at 6:16 PM, Ricardo del Pozo wrote:
>>
>>> Is Jamoa Max 6 compatible?
>>>
>>> Sincerely
>>>
>>> Ricardo

Re: Max 6 Compatible

Ricardo
The 5 installer have been running since it was released. I have not noticed any issues so far. Running the 6 installer now and will be testing this weekend. Let you know :)

On Oct 27, 2011, at 7:53 PM, Trond Lossius wrote:

> Hi Ricardo,
>
> If you could help testing these, that would be great:
>
> Max 5 installer:
> http://www.jamoma.org/download/Jamoma-0.5.6-b1-Max5.dmg
>
> Max 6 installer:
> http://www.jamoma.org/download/Jamoma-0.5.6-b1-Max6.dmg
>
> There are some harmless metatarsi errors posted to Max window at startup, but apart from that they should be fine. At least the Max 5 installer works well here. You should also see some post-Kansas worksop CPU improvements in modules using AudioGraph.
>
> Best,
> Trond
>

> On Oct 27, 2011, at 6:33 PM, Ricardo del Pozo wrote:
>
>> Ai ai ai!!!
>> Now we´re talking. Well, I will have to wait until you guys release a installer, I have tried to build from source before, and it just was a bit to complicated for me, but this is great news. Homing in for a great weekend.

Re: Max 6 Compatible

For most applications it doesn't make much sense to export as 64 bit, I believe that the signal to noise ratio of 24 bit is more than enough to please dogs ears too, but you get better audio fidelity along the way, and more stable filters at extreme settings.

As the processors are 64 bits nowadays the overhead is less than it might sound like. All Jamoma DSP and AudioGraph objects have already been using 64 bit internally for a long while, so there is no added performance hit there, but now you're also able to pass 64 bit back and forth between MSP and Jamoma objects.

On Oct 27, 2011, at 7:54 PM, hems inlet wrote:

> Sorry for such ultra stupid question ( ok, not so stupid ), but for
> those who ends up exporting 32 or 24 bits, is the 64 bits machine
> making any difference ?
>
> i know, there'll be jitter when rendering etcs, but even this way does
> it make a difference ?
>
> i'm afraid of using more cpu power for something that wont make any
> difference for my "final export"
>
> On 27 October 2011 17:33, Ricardo del Pozo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Ai ai ai!!!
>> Now we´re talking. Well, I will have to wait until you guys release a installer, I have tried to build from source before, and it just was a bit to complicated for me, but this is great news. Homing in for a great weekend.
>>
>> On Oct 27, 2011, at 6:29 PM, Trond Lossius wrote:
>>
>>> Yes,
>>>
>>> it is compatible. If you build from source at the master branches, you'll even get 64 bit audio processing all the way through.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Trond

Re: Max 6 Compatible

Timothy Place-2
There are some harmless metatarsi errors

This is a fabulous autocompletion moment.

Yes my feet feel fine,
  Tim