Jamoma UserLibs repository checkout problems

Jamoma UserLibs repository checkout problems

I tried checking out the new and separated JamomaUserLib repository today. However I fail to do git submodule init and git submodule update due to the following error message:

No submodule mapping found in .gitmodules for path 'Jamoma'

Any ideas what might cause this?

Re: Jamoma UserLibs repository checkout problems

Nils Peters
Hi Trond,

IMHO, the problem is that the folder structure in the repository is
faulty and does not match the submodules listed in the .gitmodules file.

I don't know why this is the case or how to fix it.
I thought that .gitmodules is the file that defines the locations and
URLs of all the submodules...

cheers,

Nils

tap

On 2012-12-06 6:24 AM, Trond Lossius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried checking out the new and separated JamomaUserLib repository today. However I fail to do git submodule init and git submodule update due to the following error message:
>
> No submodule mapping found in .gitmodules for path 'Jamoma'
>
> Any ideas what might cause this?
>
> Thanks,

Re: Jamoma UserLibs repository checkout problems

I've now cleaned this up. I've done a fresh checkout and init/update of submodules to confirm that it is all working.

Cheers,
Trond

On Dec 8, 2012, at 12:25 AM, Timothy Place <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What I have experienced is the the .gitmodules file is only part of the story.  So to add submodules you have to actually run the git commands "git submodule add ..." and it then also does some magic in the background.
>
> best,
>
> +1m
>

> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Nils Peters <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Trond,
>
> IMHO, the problem is that the folder structure in the repository is
> faulty and does not match the submodules listed in the .gitmodules file.
>
> I don't know why this is the case or how to fix it.
> I thought that .gitmodules is the file that defines the locations and
> URLs of all the submodules...
>
> cheers,
>
> Nils
>

> On 2012-12-06 6:24 AM, Trond Lossius wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried checking out the new and separated JamomaUserLib repository today. However I fail to do git submodule init and git submodule update due to the following error message:
> >
> > No submodule mapping found in .gitmodules for path 'Jamoma'
> >
> > Any ideas what might cause this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Trond

Re: Jamoma UserLibs repository checkout problems

Nils Peters
Thanks a lot Trond!

Nils

On 2012-12-10 1:13 PM, Trond Lossius wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've now cleaned this up. I've done a fresh checkout and init/update of submodules to confirm that it is all working.
>
> Cheers,
> Trond
>

> On Dec 8, 2012, at 12:25 AM, Timothy Place <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> What I have experienced is the the .gitmodules file is only part of the story.  So to add submodules you have to actually run the git commands "git submodule add ..." and it then also does some magic in the background.
>>
>> best,
>>
>> +1m
>>

>> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Nils Peters <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Trond,
>>
>> IMHO, the problem is that the folder structure in the repository is
>> faulty and does not match the submodules listed in the .gitmodules file.
>>
>> I don't know why this is the case or how to fix it.
>> I thought that .gitmodules is the file that defines the locations and
>> URLs of all the submodules...
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> Nils
>>

>> On 2012-12-06 6:24 AM, Trond Lossius wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I tried checking out the new and separated JamomaUserLib repository today. However I fail to do git submodule init and git submodule update due to the following error message:
>>>
>>> No submodule mapping found in .gitmodules for path 'Jamoma'
>>>
>>> Any ideas what might cause this?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Trond

Re: Jamoma UserLibs repository checkout problems

Welcome,

I've now also done the necessary updates at the server in order for the Redmine sub projects to point to the repositories that are now submodules of JamomaUserLibraries. At the time being we only have sub projects for some of the user libraries, as can be seen here:

http://redmine.jamoma.org/projects

If anyone wants to have redmine projects added for their user libraries, just let me know.

Cheers,
Trond