Jamoma 0.6.0-a46

12

Jamoma 0.6.0-a46

I’ve just uploaded a new alpha version to the web site.

Cheers,

Re: Jamoma 0.6.0-a46

Ricardo
Hello Trond. This is great.

However, there is a lot of errors when I open my models now. Seems like j.remote is being handled differently now?

On 01 May 2015, at 20:51, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I’ve just uploaded a new alpha version to the web site.

Cheers,

Re: Jamoma 0.6.0-a46

Ricardo
Is it so that j.return and j.remote does no longer exist?

Mvh

Ricardo del Pozo
Direct: +47 41471425
Skype: ricardo.p3dp
Twitter: @rdpozo_

On 01 May 2015, at 21:53, delpozo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Trond. This is great.

However, there is a lot of errors when I open my models now. Seems like j.remote is being handled differently now?

On 01 May 2015, at 20:51, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I’ve just uploaded a new alpha version to the web site.

Cheers,

Re: Jamoma 0.6.0-a46

Both those objects should still exist. If they fail to load, that’s an error. They built and worked on my laptop just before I went forward with the build, so I’ll check out what has happened.

Cheers,
Trond

> On 01 May 2015, at 22:20, delpozo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is it so that j.return and j.remote does no longer exist?
>

> Mvh
>
> Ricardo del Pozo
> Direct: +47 41471425
> Skype: ricardo.p3dp
> Web: rdpozo.no
> Twitter: @rdpozo_
>

>> On 01 May 2015, at 21:53, delpozo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Trond. This is great.
>>
>> However, there is a lot of errors when I open my models now. Seems like j.remote is being handled differently now?
>>

>>> On 01 May 2015, at 20:51, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I’ve just uploaded a new alpha version to the web site.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Trond

Re: Jamoma 0.6.0-a46

Ricardo
Hi Trond,
Yes, they failed to load on my computer. Thanx for looking into it :)

Sent from my iPhone

> On 01 May 2015, at 22:36, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Both those objects should still exist. If they fail to load, that’s an error. They built and worked on my laptop just before I went forward with the build, so I’ll check out what has happened.
>
> Cheers,
> Trond
>
>> On 01 May 2015, at 22:20, delpozo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Is it so that j.return and j.remote does no longer exist?
>>

>> Mvh
>>
>> Ricardo del Pozo
>> Direct: +47 41471425
>> Skype: ricardo.p3dp
>> Web: rdpozo.no
>> Twitter: @rdpozo_
>>

>>> On 01 May 2015, at 21:53, delpozo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Trond. This is great.
>>>
>>> However, there is a lot of errors when I open my models now. Seems like j.remote is being handled differently now?

Re: Jamoma 0.6.0-a46

I’ve just done a a47 release. Can you please check to see if this one fares better?

> On 01 May 2015, at 22:38, Ricardo del Pozo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Trond,
> Yes, they failed to load on my computer. Thanx for looking into it :)
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 01 May 2015, at 22:36, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Both those objects should still exist. If they fail to load, that’s an error. They built and worked on my laptop just before I went forward with the build, so I’ll check out what has happened.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Trond
>>
>>> On 01 May 2015, at 22:20, delpozo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is it so that j.return and j.remote does no longer exist?
>>>

>>> Mvh
>>>
>>> Ricardo del Pozo
>>> Direct: +47 41471425
>>> Skype: ricardo.p3dp
>>> Web: rdpozo.no
>>> Twitter: @rdpozo_

Re: Jamoma 0.6.0-a46

alfonso.santimone
Hi all!
can we poor windows 32/64 maxers :-) hope for a future version of Jamoma?
thanks for your great work 'til now!

a.

Re: Jamoma 0.6.0-a46

jcelerier
Hello,

I'll try to make a windows (32) build by the end of the week-end.

Best,
Jean-Michaël

ps: is anyone interested in Linux (x86, amd64, arm) builds, too ? I can make them for ArchLinux and various flavors of Ubuntu / Debian given enough time.

-------
Jean-Michaël Celerier

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 1:18 PM, alfonso santimone <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all!
can we poor windows 32/64 maxers :-) hope for a future version of Jamoma?
thanks for your great work 'til now!

a.

Re: Jamoma 0.6.0-a46

Pascal Baltazar-5

is anyone interested in Linux (x86, amd64, arm) builds, too ? I can make them for ArchLinux and various flavors of Ubuntu / Debian given enough time.

I guess this will interest more people once the pure-data port is finished...

Re: Jamoma 0.6.0-a46

Thanks for catching this, Ricardo!

> On 02 May 2015, at 11:49, Google <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Trond,
>
> j.return and j.remote loads fine now with the 47.
>

>> On 02 May 2015, at 09:19, Ricardo del Pozo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Ok, Trond. I'll test in a couple of hours. Let you know how it goes
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On 01 May 2015, at 23:50, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I’ve just done a a47 release. Can you please check to see if this one fares better?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Trond

Re: Jamoma 0.6.0-a46

jcelerier
Hello,

Here is a link for the latest Windows build. Please tell me if anything goes wrong!

https://mega.co.nz/#!7hRjnDwS!mQuIE8GRzqjsQ6HqlotJA9FleTjIvrwIcwR7lvuCT6A

Also, when running integration tests, it looks like an external is missing (j.hilbert=), has it been added recently ?

Best,
Jean-Michaël
ps: also, ArchLinux users can now automagically install Jamoma (and hopefully i-score one day :) ) just by running yaourt -S jamoma-git !

-------
Jean-Michaël Celerier

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 11:24 PM, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for catching this, Ricardo!

> On 02 May 2015, at 11:49, Google <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Trond,
>
> j.return and j.remote loads fine now with the 47.
>

>> On 02 May 2015, at 09:19, Ricardo del Pozo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Ok, Trond. I'll test in a couple of hours. Let you know how it goes
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On 01 May 2015, at 23:50, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I’ve just done a a47 release. Can you please check to see if this one fares better?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Trond

Re: Jamoma 0.6.0-a46

alfonso.santimone
Thanks Jean-Michael!
Just out of curiosity, is there any technicality that makes a win64 compile a difficult task?
I'll be happy to test with my Max7 win32 installation, but i mostly work with the win64 version (mainly for RAM reason and because i moved all my DAW/Live Audio machine to 64bit enviroment.)
So i'll be happy to test a win64 version too when and if will be available.
many thanks and all the best!
a.

Re: Jamoma 0.6.0-a46

jcelerier
Hello,

I tried to get it to build about 4 months ago and there was a lot of stuff to fix, mostly with the relationship with third party libraries. I'd guess a good week of work would be required to do it, and check that everything works correctly and doesn't breaks anything anywhere else... But we'll have to do it at some point :)

Jean-Michaël

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 12:00 PM, alfonso santimone <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Jean-Michael!
Just out of curiosity, is there any technicality that makes a win64 compile a difficult task?
I'll be happy to test with my Max7 win32 installation, but i mostly work with the win64 version (mainly for RAM reason and because i moved all my DAW/Live Audio machine to 64bit enviroment.)
So i'll be happy to test a win64 version too when and if will be available.
many thanks and all the best!
a.

Re: Jamoma 0.6.0-a46

Just a small notice: a lot of things changed from 0.5 to 0.6, so you might need some help from us here, as things are not yet as thoroughly documented as they were for 0.5
Though, Trond has done some great job on the core externals (j.model, j.parameter et al.), and there is a kind of tutorial in the examples folder, called Modular0.6_overview

best,

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

Le 4 mai 2015 à 12:00, alfonso santimone <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Thanks Jean-Michael!
Just out of curiosity, is there any technicality that makes a win64 compile a difficult task?
I'll be happy to test with my Max7 win32 installation, but i mostly work with the win64 version (mainly for RAM reason and because i moved all my DAW/Live Audio machine to 64bit enviroment.)
So i'll be happy to test a win64 version too when and if will be available.
many thanks and all the best!
a.

Re: Jamoma 0.6.0-a46

alfonso.santimone
If there's any VS project around i may try to take a look at various lib dependencies and try a 64 bit version, if it's not beyond my compiling skills :-)

Re: Jamoma 0.6.0-a46

Ricardo
This post was updated on .
Hi all,

I'm having a weird problem. When I use the a45 candidate, my video renders fine. When switching to the a47 candidate, the first frame pops up, but it does not play thought the file. Switching back to the a45 again, everything works fine. I thought it was my modules, but the same thing happens when using the Jamoma library render module. Is there any place I can check the change from the 45 to the 47? I cant figure out what is going on. I have tested in every way I can think of, and it does not make any sens to me. Anyone else having problems rendering OpenGL?
tested with the gl_hap model

Re: Jamoma 0.6.0-a46

jcelerier
Mhh.. If you have spare some time, a nice thing to do would be to make debug and release x64 builds with Visual Studio 2013 of :
- portaudio
- portmidi
- libsndfile
And also see how civetweb can correctly build under x64.

So that the extensions that uses them can build & run.

The msvcrt flags are /MDd for Debug and /MD for Release.
I'm working on x64 as we speak and I removed Boost (in a feature/mingw branch that I'm trying to get to work correctly, too, in the same time...) as per the relevant bug report; it made things noticeably simpler.

Best
Jean-Michaël

-------
Jean-Michaël Celerier

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 1:53 PM, alfonso.santimone <[hidden email]> wrote:
If there's any VS project around i may try to take a look at various lib
dependencies and try a 64 bit version, if it's not beyond my compiling
skills :-)

Re: Jamoma 0.6.0-a46

jcelerier
Okay, I got all of JamomaCore to build on Win64; now it's Max external time.

However, it seems that unlike the Max/MSP SDK on Cycling' website, the 64-bit lib files are not here in JamomaMax/source/c74-support/*/x64 ? Which version should I add, 6.1.4 or 7.0.3 ?

Best,
Jean-Michaël

-------
Jean-Michaël Celerier

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 10:39 AM, Jean-Michaël Celerier <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I guess the latest ones 7.0.3?

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 11:57 AM, jcelerier [via Jamoma Forums/Mailing lists] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

To unsubscribe from Jamoma 0.6.0-a46, click here.
NAML

Re: Jamoma 0.6.0-a46

jcelerier
I tried with 6.1.4 because I think that's the ones that were already there. I can get everything to build, however when loading the package on Max/MSP I get a "can't load misc/JamomaConfiguration.xml". Still, we're approaching :)

Best,
Jean-Michaël

-------
Jean-Michaël Celerier

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 1:53 PM, alfonso.santimone <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Sent from the Jamoma Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

12