Fwd: MIAP Software Release

This seems quite interesting as an alternative approach to DBAP.

Cheers,
Trond

Begin forwarded message:

From: MIAP Announcements <[hidden email]>
Subject: MIAP Software Release
Date: 13 Oct 2014 06:12:31 GMT+2
To: Trond <[hidden email]>

View this email in your browser
Hi everyone,

I’m very happy to announce the official public release of MIAP (pronounced “meeap”), which stands for Manifold-Interface Amplitude Panning… a new, free, and expanded implementation of Meyer Sound’s SpaceMap abstract spatialization tool as a suite of Max/MSP and Pure Data externals.

I’m writing to you either because you are already aware of this work, and have expressed interest in trying the software, or I think you might find the project interesting. Here’s the official website for MIAP, with software download packages, tutorial videos, etc.:

http://www.zacharyseldess.com/miap

Below I've included links to a screencast of my recent MIAP presentation at the AES 137th Convention. This is probably the easiest way to wrap one's head around the implications of SpaceMap's "manifold-interface" approach to spatial sound control.
- Jump to Part 2 if you just want to see demos.
- For a discussion of the non-centric, abstract spatial model employed in MIAP/SpaceMap, see to the second half of Part 1.

Part 1 : historical background, practical significance of "manifold-interface" approach, etc.
Part 2 : demonstrations of manifold-interface approach as made possible with MIAP objects
Part 3 : brief explanation of object functionality, next steps, acknowledgements
Youtube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHc927eu2oKbvIIvzYbc8L5JEUZ-xU8uN

I know from past correspondence that several of you have plans to actually use this software, so please be in touch and let me know how it goes! I welcome feature requests, comments, etc. from anyone.

best,
Zachary

This email was sent to [hidden email]
MIAP · 5365 Toscana Way, Apt 413 · San Diego, Ca 92122 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

Re: MIAP Software Release

Pascal Baltazar-5
Hi !

Did you (or anybody else) have a deeper look into this ?

Hi,