Changing j.parameter ramp/drive granularity

Changing j.parameter ramp/drive granularity

What is the syntax to set the granularity of ramp/drive for j.parameter in 0.6? In 0.5.7 it used to be “ramp/drive:/granularity 100” but that no longer works.

Re: Changing j.parameter ramp/drive granularity

Théo de la Hogue-2
Hi Trond,
actually it is not possible to access tot the ramp drive granularity (!)
it is possible to access to the ramp function parameters (see in j.parameter.maxhelp : "Using ramp function" tab) but the mechanism described here is not available for ramp/drive.

so maybe a simple and consistent way to do this would be to have a ramp/drive/parameters and to allow to send granularity to the j.parameter ?

Le 10 janv. 2015 à 14:56, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> What is the syntax to set the granularity of ramp/drive for j.parameter in 0.6? In 0.5.7 it used to be “ramp/drive:/granularity 100” but that no longer works.
>
> Thanks,

Re: Changing j.parameter ramp/drive granularity

Thanks, Theo.

That’s what it looked like to me as well. I guess the first question then is: Do we _need_to be able to access the granularity?  The only time I’ve used it personally have been in integration estate in order to thin the number of data points in the test. It might be that this is one of those features that are never used, but only serve to make Jamoma more cluttered.

> On 13 Jan 2015, at 17:45, Théo de la Hogue <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Trond,
> actually it is not possible to access tot the ramp drive granularity (!)
> it is possible to access to the ramp function parameters (see in j.parameter.maxhelp : "Using ramp function" tab) but the mechanism described here is not available for ramp/drive.
>
> so maybe a simple and consistent way to do this would be to have a ramp/drive/parameters and to allow to send granularity to the j.parameter ?
>
> Best,
>
> Le 10 janv. 2015 à 14:56, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> What is the syntax to set the granularity of ramp/drive for j.parameter in 0.6? In 0.5.7 it used to be “ramp/drive:/granularity 100” but that no longer works.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Trond

Re: Changing j.parameter ramp/drive granularity

Timothy Place
This was super important back in the OS9 days when the scheduler in Max was serviced by a hardware interrupt when overdrive was on.  If you had too many ramps running the processor couldn't keep up you might end up crashing the computer and have to reboot -- or you could reduce the granularity of the ramps.

I don't think any of us is still using Jamoma on MacOS 9.

Tim

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 5:11 AM, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks, Theo.

That’s what it looked like to me as well. I guess the first question then is: Do we _need_to be able to access the granularity?  The only time I’ve used it personally have been in integration estate in order to thin the number of data points in the test. It might be that this is one of those features that are never used, but only serve to make Jamoma more cluttered.

> On 13 Jan 2015, at 17:45, Théo de la Hogue <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Trond,
> actually it is not possible to access tot the ramp drive granularity (!)
> it is possible to access to the ramp function parameters (see in j.parameter.maxhelp : "Using ramp function" tab) but the mechanism described here is not available for ramp/drive.
>
> so maybe a simple and consistent way to do this would be to have a ramp/drive/parameters and to allow to send granularity to the j.parameter ?
>
> Best,
>
> Le 10 janv. 2015 à 14:56, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> What is the syntax to set the granularity of ramp/drive for j.parameter in 0.6? In 0.5.7 it used to be “ramp/drive:/granularity 100” but that no longer works.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Trond

Re: Changing j.parameter ramp/drive granularity

Théo de la Hogue-2
we could need it for a Jamoma museum … ;-)