Quantcast

Can we combine jmod and jmod into a new jmod ?

Can we combine jmod and jmod into a new jmod ?

gluontronic
I don't know if it makes sense, but I'm just finished a step sequencer and a randomizer. everything should be in the same module..

So I could create a new abstraction, show it as a bpatcher OR create a new jmod with 2 jmod inside. I guess it would tobreak jamoma logic.

I could also merge my jalgs together and my jmods together.

Re: Can we combine jmod and jmod into a new jmod ?

In 0.5.7 this is difficult to do, but nesting of models and nesting of views is one of the new nice features that 0.6 will bring.

Cheers,
Trond

On Jun 19, 2013, at 4:28 PM, gluontronic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't know if it makes sense, but I'm just finished a step sequencer and a
> randomizer. everything should be in the same module..
>
> So I could create a new abstraction, show it as a bpatcher OR create a new
> jmod with 2 jmod inside. I guess it would tobreak jamoma logic.
>
> I could also merge my jalgs together and my jmods together.

Re: Can we combine jmod and jmod into a new jmod ?

adrian.g
hehe, so you have arrived at the point when you want to switch to 0.6, in which you can create larger models out of multiple nested models, which makes it easy to develop stuff im modular way.

in 0.5 you will have to merge the two jmod's into 1 jmod manually, by copying their content into a single jmod, with on jcom.hub only. Or use them as a collection of jmods and magade their states with cueManager

hope this makes sens for you

best

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 3:28 PM, gluontronic <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don't know if it makes sense, but I'm just finished a step sequencer and a
randomizer. everything should be in the same module..

So I could create a new abstraction, show it as a bpatcher OR create a new
jmod with 2 jmod inside. I guess it would tobreak jamoma logic.

I could also merge my jalgs together and my jmods together.

Adrian Gierakowski

Re: Can we combine jmod and jmod into a new jmod ?

gluontronic
OMG.
I have to stick on 0.5.7 because of next performances scheduled and I have to build reliable stuff... but I'm really tempted :)

I have several a/v I don't want to fail :p

Thanks for your help.

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 4:40 PM, adrian.g [via Jamoma Forums/Mailing lists] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

NAML

Re: Can we combine jmod and jmod into a new jmod ?

Depending on when you need your patches to be used in production, I think you should definitely look into 0.6 !

Some things are going to change in the next months, since we just spent 8 days of workshop taking a couple of decisions on some changes…

but most of it already works quite well.

I'm even using 0.6 in a production since march, but I know 0.6 very well as I've been experimenting it since 2 years in all its pre-alpha stages…
there is only one object that has been causing me troubles (j.remoteArray), so I'm not using it when performing, only when rehearsing.
(BTW another nice feature of 0.6 is that you can separate the models from the views - so you can save the CPU used for displaying when performin)

GMEA has also been using it for a while in production, but they have the necessary internal resources (aka Théo) in case something goes wrong…

Yes, I know, that's not fair tempting you like this ;-)

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

Le 19 juin 2013 à 16:40, Adrian Gierakowski <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> hehe, so you have arrived at the point when you want to switch to 0.6, in which you can create larger models out of multiple nested models, which makes it easy to develop stuff im modular way.
>
> in 0.5 you will have to merge the two jmod's into 1 jmod manually, by copying their content into a single jmod, with on jcom.hub only. Or use them as a collection of jmods and magade their states with cueManager
>
> hope this makes sens for you
>
> best
>

> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 3:28 PM, gluontronic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I don't know if it makes sense, but I'm just finished a step sequencer and a
> randomizer. everything should be in the same module..
>
> So I could create a new abstraction, show it as a bpatcher OR create a new
> jmod with 2 jmod inside. I guess it would tobreak jamoma logic.
>
> I could also merge my jalgs together and my jmods together.

> Adrian Gierakowski

Re: Can we combine jmod and jmod into a new jmod ?

gluontronic
First impact mid-july.

My problem (if it is a problem) : find how-tos about 0.6
are there somewhere ?

Where can I download 0.6 ...?

Re: Can we combine jmod and jmod into a new jmod ?

gluontronic
ok sorry.
It is there : http://www.jamoma.org/download/0.6

Re: Can we combine jmod and jmod into a new jmod ?

Hi everybody,

If Julien is to give 0.6 a spin, I definitively believe that we should wip up a new version, as we've done lots of changes. E.g. all the jcom.* files have been shortened to j.*.

Cheers,
Trond

On Jun 19, 2013, at 5:12 PM, gluontronic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ok sorry.
> It is there : http://www.jamoma.org/download/0.6

Re: Can we combine jmod and jmod into a new jmod ?

Then, navigate to /Jamoma/examples/Modular0.6_overview/OVERVIEW.maxpat
This should get you started…

Also, you have to kno that not all models/modules are ported yet… some work has been done in the audio models by Trond - and Henrique's auto-converting script has done the rest… but there still remains some some love and care to give to all these guys before everything's ported to 0.6

You could also give a look to my Z models (I'm using nested models in the Ztrack~ model, for instance) :
https://github.com/bltzr/Z/tree/pb-0.6
(Please excuse me - this is a bit of a mess…)

I can also send you my performance patches if you want to see them in context…

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

Le 19 juin 2013 à 17:12, gluontronic <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> ok sorry.
> It is there : http://www.jamoma.org/download/0.6

Re: Can we combine jmod and jmod into a new jmod ?

Oh, right, the online version is not so recent…

I have just replaced the package in the JamomaPackage dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kyi60hgizzo32up/slagWi7_an

It says it's going to be online in 5 min

Pascal Baltazar
[hidden email]
http://www.baltazars.org

Le 19 juin 2013 à 17:22, Trond Lossius <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi everybody,
>
> If Julien is to give 0.6 a spin, I definitively believe that we should wip up a new version, as we've done lots of changes. E.g. all the jcom.* files have been shortened to j.*.
>
> Cheers,
> Trond
>

> On Jun 19, 2013, at 5:12 PM, gluontronic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> ok sorry.
>> It is there : http://www.jamoma.org/download/0.6

Re: Can we combine jmod and jmod into a new jmod ?

gluontronic
hey guys, I'm happy to see such a big support around jamoma :)

In my case, I'd use almost only my own stuff in that particular case. I mean, my own modules based on patches I already designed previously.

Let me know when I could grab 0.6

Re: Can we combine jmod and jmod into a new jmod ?

Pascal Baltazar-5

Le 19 juin 2013 à 17:40, gluontronic <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Let me know when I could grab 0.6

Now !

Re: Can we combine jmod and jmod into a new jmod ?

Pascal Baltazar-5

Maybe the best way to know what.s best you would be to test by yourself after installing both versions...
This might help in this case : http://jamoma.org/blog/2013-06-03-swapping-jamoma-versions/

Le 19 juin 2013 19:01, "Pascal Baltazar" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Le 19 juin 2013 à 17:40, gluontronic <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Let me know when I could grab 0.6

Now !

Re: Can we combine jmod and jmod into a new jmod ?

gluontronic
just coming back from a nice lecture about data & generative music :)

and ... I just found your message about 0.6 !
Grabbing the alpha right now !

Re: Can we combine jmod and jmod into a new jmod ?

gluontronic
ok
I checked overview.
It is nice but I'm a bit confused compared to 0.5.x

would you make a big (overview) picture with main elements drawn?
that would really help new people just arrived here :)

I totally got it the 0.5 jalg, jmod etc but now, there are views, everything seems available (sometimes) without jhub ... argh :p
jln

Re: Can we combine jmod and jmod into a new jmod ?

jln

Jamoma 0.6 brings a lot of flexibility but this can lead to a bit of confusion at first, indeed. That said, whereas it differs from Jamoma 0.5, it may be easier than it seems if you're used to elaborated use of pattr, for example.

Basically, jcom.hub is no more in J.0.6. It is replaced by j.model and j.view. Both will act as hubs (amongst other thing) to address parameters/messages/returns and remotes at the same patcher level or below. However, it is true that one can use parameters/messages/returns and remotes with surrounding j.model or j.view. In that case, they will be declared at the root of the namespace.

I attach two versions of a commented patch showing the various architecture principle of Jamoma 0.6. Hope this helps. And of course, let me know if it does not. :-)

Best,
Julien

model-view architecture-update.maxpat (42K) Download Attachment
model-view architecture.maxpat (42K) Download Attachment

Re: Can we combine jmod and jmod into a new jmod ?

gluontronic

Sorry for the late reply.
Thanks a lot.
I guess I'll dig these part of my set again this week.
I'll let you know about my walk.

Againthanks a lot for your support

Julien

Le 20 juin 2013 12:07, "jln [via Jamoma Forums/Mailing lists]" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi,

Jamoma 0.6 brings a lot of flexibility but this can lead to a bit of confusion at first, indeed. That said, whereas it differs from Jamoma 0.5, it may be easier than it seems if you're used to elaborated use of pattr, for example.

Basically, jcom.hub is no more in J.0.6. It is replaced by j.model and j.view. Both will act as hubs (amongst other thing) to address parameters/messages/returns and remotes at the same patcher level or below. However, it is true that one can use parameters/messages/returns and remotes with surrounding j.model or j.view. In that case, they will be declared at the root of the namespace.

I attach two versions of a commented patch showing the various architecture principle of Jamoma 0.6. Hope this helps. And of course, let me know if it does not. :-)

Best,
Julien

Le 19 juin 2013 à 23:42, gluontronic <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> ok
> I checked overview.
> It is nice but I'm a bit confused compared to 0.5.x
>
> would you make a big (overview) picture with main elements drawn?
> that would really help new people just arrived here :)
>
> I totally got it the 0.5 jalg, jmod etc but now, there are views, everything
> seems available (sometimes) without jhub ... argh :p

model-view architecture-update.maxpat (42K) Download Attachment
model-view architecture.maxpat (42K) Download Attachment

To unsubscribe from Can we combine jmod and jmod into a new jmod ?, click here.
NAML